Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
x D3MON x said:
interesting.. one of the comments said that their phones are kind of big and I noticed, no razr inspired phones :eek2
Supposedly the pink razr is a big hit w/ females in Japan, even if it isn't as fully featured as some other gen 3 asian phones. Pink is a big trend or something.

·
Registered
575 Posts
ive noticed that all the japanese movies ive seen that their phones were kinda bigger, but its possible that the trend is goin backwards since i dont think they can fit as many features into a tiny phone (think zoolander...lo). and with all the entertainment stuff on it, like video, or broadcasted TV, its gonna be a bit nicer to have a bigger screen. i think that the reason we dont have as advance of phones is cause we dont spend enough time in public transportation. we dont need half the crap since we're always drivin. but those guys r always on trains and buses, so natrually they need something to keep em occupied...

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
They're smaller on average. It's hard to explain, but they tend to be slimmer then the phones we normally get here in the US, plus w/ larger screens.

For example a Razr is nice and thin, but it's wider then Japanese phones of the same thickness.

My Motorola flip phone is apx. 3.5" long, 1.75" wide, and 1" thick (when folded). If I bought another phone in Japan of the same length and width, I'd still expect it to be thinner by a good 2-3/8 of an inch; plus also w/ a larger screen and more functions. :(

Now the big thing is the "Suica" function like that, that allow people to use their phones like a CC and have the payments billed onto their cellular phone bills. You can use it for subway fare, purchases at stores, etc. basically a "swipe as you go" feature.

If you saw F&F:TD the phone Lil Bow Wow had was a Casio. I actually was going to buy that phone earlier in 2006, but was hella glad that I hadn't once I saw the movie. :hehe

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
what song was that..

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
tienlude said:
what song was that..
lol that's the first thing that came to my head. Then came the impressive camera work (don't know why I liked it). Didn't really care about the phones at all

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
i liked the fones alot, but realistically im more likely to be able to afford the song, or actually have the option to get teh song...

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Softbank launches 13 new phones in Japan.

910SH, a Sharp handset with 5MP camera and 2.4" display

910T, a Toshiba handset with 1GB of internal memory, Bluetooth, and music player

810SH, a Sharp handset with a VGA display and "elegant design"

811SH, a Sharp handset with a VGA display and 21mm thickness

810T, a Toshiba handset with "Advanced Simple Mode"

811T, a Toshiba handset with audio playback and GPS

705N, a NEC handset with 16mm thickness and "stylish design"

705NK, a Nokia handset with 3.2MP camera and bar design

705P, a Panasonic handset with a 14.8mm thickness and one-push button open

705SC, a Samsung handset with 12.9mm thickness and sliding mechanism

706SC, a Samsung handset with a 12.3mm thickness

X01HT, a Windows Mobile smartphone known elsewhere in the world as the hTc Z, with HSDPA support

C01SI, a CF connectivity card with HSDPA support.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
KDDI confirms plans to enter US mobile phone market

:w00tz

Monday April 9, 6:31 PM
KDDI confirms plans to enter US mobile phone market

Photo: AFP

TOKYO (AFP) - Japan's KDDI Corp. plans to offer a mobile telephone service in the United States targeting Japanese subscribers through the network of a US operator, a company spokesman said Monday.

The company aims to offer the service, with the brand name "KDDI Mobile", by using a network operated by Sprint Nextel Corp, the spokesman said, confirming weekend media reports.

The move would make KDDI the first Japanese cellphone carrier to launch its own brand overseas.

Japan's largest mobile phone service provider NTT DoCoMo Inc. has also been expanding overseas, mostly by licensing agreements for its popular "i-mode" Internet-capable mobile phone service.

NTT DoCoMo has also made capital investments in European and US telecom firms, but has scrapped most of them after losses.

KDDI's overseas expansion comes amid growing competition at home since October, when Japan began allowing mobile subscribers to switch carriers without changing their numbers.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
shiba-kun,

if everyone thinks the cell phones are great in japan, we should show them the remote controlled toilets from toto, etc...

kimochii!! :D

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
New DoCoMo phone w/ Wii like controls.

theflipimage said:
shiba-kun,

if everyone thinks the cell phones are great in japan, we should show them the remote controlled toilets from toto, etc...

kimochii!! :D
TOTO's are great. I never have used all of the features but I got to admit the heated seats are a welcome feeling on a cold day. :)

BTW: "Japan's biggest wireless operator, on Monday unveiled a new mobile phone equipped with a motion sensor that lets users play games like the popular Nintendo Wii console.

With DoCoMo's D904i, made by Mitsubishi Electric Corp, users can swing the handset like a tennis racket or wield it like sword to control game play, instead of punching on the keypad."

Link to an article:
http://blurb.oldsushi.com/item/112

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
i'm going back to fukuoka to see the family in the next few months...

i'm bringing back a toto toilet, a sanyo rice cooker, a bunch of almond crush pocky, and lots of hentai magazines/dvds... :D

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I might be heading off for Kyushu this October. I won't be visiting TOTO HQ, but hopefully Beppu for some onsen action. :hehe

Seriously though... Maybe down as far as Osaka/Kobe/Nara and that area. But I think most of the vacation will be spent in Karuizawa, Nagano, etc. then back down to Tokyo before heading back home.

·
Registered
11,507 Posts
Shiba, if you can find some cool phones for a good price while your there, take some pics and send them to me, I can paypal you the money to bring me back an awesome phone.

If you don't mind.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts