Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Yea we actually have those Prada phones here in Arizona because there is this Asian store that carries these imported phones. But of course you can find plenty of those in Cali. Anyways, I heard the Prada phones are ok, they are not worth the value that they are tho.
lol is anything prada actually worth its value? =)

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
that's it i'm moving as soon as i can Japan always gets the good shit

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
that's it i'm moving as soon as i can Japan always gets the good shit
you're going to miss an honest to buddha american pizza and texas sized american steaks...

i gaurantee it...

but you will like how much healthier you'll feel because of the food you'd eat there... i lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks i was there... and i ate like a pig! :eek2

:ninja

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
you're going to miss an honest to buddha american pizza and texas sized american steaks...

i gaurantee it...

but you will like how much healthier you'll feel because of the food you'd eat there... i lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks i was there... and i ate like a pig! :eek2

:ninja
as long as i can get a cheeseburger every once in a while I'll be fine

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
as long as i can get a cheeseburger every once in a while I'll be fine
well, then...

you'll be perfectly happy...

you've got macdonald's, mos burger, joyfull, etc...

until you've eaten too much and have to take a dump, only to find a squatter when you get to a restroom... (though you'll find plenty of western toilets nowadays)

the agony of squatting for minutes at a time is a killer on your legs, i assure you... :hehe

sorry... too much information! :lol2

oh wait... we were talking about cell phones, right?

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Ringtones go to the dogs in Japan

Haha! Even I think this is a niche product, LOLs! :lol2:hehe I'm gonna call your dog.:ninja

June 24, 2008 8:30 AM PDT

Ringtones go to the dogs in Japan

Posted by Juniper Foo Post a comment(Credit: CrunchGear)Love dogs. Love the Japanese even more for their highly bizarre gizmos. No other country has consistently amused and amazed the world with its weird and wacked-out inventions. Try topping this latest idea: Ringtones audible only to dogs, from Tokyo-based interactive content provider Dwango (PDF in Japanese).

Lest you think it's an error in translation, Dwango describes the download service very clearly as Inu ni shika kikoenai chakushinon--which translates to "Ringtones only dogs can hear," according to CrunchGear. But since this is available specifically for DoCoMo's i-mode phones, only Japanese dogs need apply.

(Source: Crave Asia)

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Survey: 'iPhone' Generates Most Interest amongst Smartphones in Japan

Jul 2, 2008 20:08
Yukiko Kanoh, Nikkei Electronics

SHARE Inc has announced the results of its opinion survey on smartphones. As several smartphones were recently announced in Japan, the company conducted research on handset preferences and other items.

When the company asked which model they were "interested in" among new smartphones to be released in the near future and those already debuted (multiple answers allowed), the most 57.9% of all respondents named the "iPhone," which will be released from SoftBank Mobile Corp.

The "Willcom D4" to be released from Willcom Inc came next at 35.8%, followed by the "Willcom 03" to be released from Willcom at 33.1%, Emobile Ltd's "EMONSTER" at 18.0% and NTT DOCOMO Inc's "HT1100" at 8.8%.

Link to complete article:
Survey: 'iPhone' Generates Most Interest amongst Smartphones in Japan -- Tech-On!

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
NTT Docomo unveils wood-based cell phone concepts

Japan's leading cell phone giant NTT Docomo is joining the growing trend of ecology-as-cool with the introduction of the new TOUCH WOOD concept phones. Made from real surplus wood, the project was spearheaded by noted musician Ryuichi Sakamoto and uses an interface inspired by the photographer Mikiya Takimoto.

The effort was also assisted by the likes of Sharp and Olympus. These hyper-organic phones are due to go on view during the Telecom World 2009 in Geneva, Switzerland from October 5 to 9 and CEATEC JAPAN 2009 at Makuhari Messe, Chiba Prefecture, Japan from October 6 to 10.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #49

Hitachi Mobile Hi-Vision Cam WOOO

Not exactly the easiest name to remember, nor is it the prettiest of handsets, bearing more of a resemblance to a cheap handy-cam than a phone. But it's the technology within Hitachi`s latest offering that makes it so special. The WOOO sports a ridiculously oversized camera capable of recording 720p/ 30 frames per sec HD movie footage. It also, as is the norm with most Japanese phones, sports an enormous screen capable of transforming the phone into a widescreen tv (by flipping it on its side). Oh and of course, its available in a nice shiny pink colour.

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
NTT Docomo unveils wood-based cell phone concepts

Japan's leading cell phone giant NTT Docomo is joining the growing trend of ecology-as-cool with the introduction of the new TOUCH WOOD concept phones. Made from real surplus wood, the project was spearheaded by noted musician Ryuichi Sakamoto and uses an interface inspired by the photographer Mikiya Takimoto.

The effort was also assisted by the likes of Sharp and Olympus. These hyper-organic phones are due to go on view during the Telecom World 2009 in Geneva, Switzerland from October 5 to 9 and CEATEC JAPAN 2009 at Makuhari Messe, Chiba Prefecture, Japan from October 6 to 10.
thats actually pretty cool
I would get one of those

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I've seen something simliar for use as an iPhone case. Not sure if they make one for the other iPod/Touch variations. If I can dig up the info. I'll post it.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Vertu sells 20-million yen cellphones

THE ASAHI SHIMBUN

2010/03/27

Vertu's gold-lacquered handset (THE ASAHI SHIMBUN)

British luxury cellphone maker Vertu on Friday put on sale a line of gold-lacquered handsets crafted by a Japanese living national treasure that will sell for a whopping 20 million yen ($217,650).

Designs for the limited-edition phones were produced by maki-e lacquer artist Kazumi Murose, 59, and include such motifs as chrysanthemums. Only four handsets are available, and each has a different design.

Maki-e painting is a Japanese technique in which lacquer is sprinkled with gold or silver powder.

Vertu, a subsidiary of Nokia Inc., entered the Japanese market in 2009 and operates two outlets in Tokyo.

The company says its core customers are company operators in their 30s and 40s. Among its premium services and products are a ringtone created by an Academy Award-winning composer.

·
Registered
984 Posts

Hitachi Mobile Hi-Vision Cam WOOO

Not exactly the easiest name to remember, nor is it the prettiest of handsets, bearing more of a resemblance to a cheap handy-cam than a phone. But it's the technology within Hitachi`s latest offering that makes it so special. The WOOO sports a ridiculously oversized camera capable of recording 720p/ 30 frames per sec HD movie footage. It also, as is the norm with most Japanese phones, sports an enormous screen capable of transforming the phone into a widescreen tv (by flipping it on its side). Oh and of course, its available in a nice shiny pink colour.
I actually want that!

41 - 55 of 55 Posts