Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok the ass i bought my 95 4dr ls from didnt have or give me the activation code for my radio so i need to take my radio out to get the serial # and thus the code , i removed the rear console no problem , its the front half thats pissin me off i removed the 3 screws in the ash tray hole , and the 2 on the side towards the front are there anymore that im missin? In all ive taken out 4 in the back 2 in the middle(near ebrake) and the 5 up front am i missin somethin ? cause this thing will not move when i tug on it the bottom front half and rear move but the section near the shift knob and lighter socket wont move and i REALLY dont wanna brake anything else(already broke valve cover bolt) on the car.
thx in advance for any and all responses , plz dont move this cause this is the console for my teg and the console is different than other hondas.
p.s. If it makes any difference its a double den with the cassete player on top and the spacer/hole stopper(watever) is underneath it , thx again

·
Registered
37 Posts
On most if not all Hondas and Acuras you don't have to take the console apart at all. If you look behind the console you can see the back of the radio and there should be two screws that hold the chassis of the radio in. Once you loosen those, you don't have to take them out all the way, you can just pull the radio out from the front.
On some of the tegs, you can also get to the screws by taking the ashtray out. Hope this helps.

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
YOU DON'T NEED TO TAKE THE CONSOLE APART!!!

All you need to do is get the car's VIN and go to a local Acura Dealership and have them look up the code for you.

If you had searched a little more in this forum you would have found this out alot easier and more than one post discussing the Radio codes and what to do, where to get it/them and how to fix it.

Good luck,

A.

PS You also need to check the dealerships first, some charge for just looking up the code, while others will only enter the code and not give the number out, thus charging you even more. Make sure to bring the registration and or title and your photo License as ID so you don't seem like a crook trying to steal the radio.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i did use the search function , but everyone kept sayin all i need is the vin # , well not to sound ungrateful for ur help , but i live in dallas and out here they want ur vin# and the serial # from the actual radio itself that can only be gotten by taking out the radio , im new to my cars interior so the only way i knoe of gettin it out is to take apart the center console. Its my fault for not explaining that earlier sry . I guess the reason y theyre so uptight outhere is that integras are HIGHLY stolen cars i know they are everywhere but for some reason especially in Texas , but anyway thx for tryin to help i know next time to include the whole story so that noone gets confused or frustrated , thx again , peace

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
hondaboy said:
i did use the search function , but everyone kept sayin all i need is the vin # , well not to sound ungrateful for ur help , but i live in dallas and out here they want ur vin# and the serial # from the actual radio itself that can only be gotten by taking out the radio , im new to my cars interior so the only way i knoe of gettin it out is to take apart the center console. Its my fault for not explaining that earlier sry . I guess the reason y theyre so uptight outhere is that integras are HIGHLY stolen cars i know they are everywhere but for some reason especially in Texas , but anyway thx for tryin to help i know next time to include the whole story so that noone gets confused or frustrated , thx again , peace
No big deal man but, thats just silly that they won't help you as they've helped countless others in the same way. Then go to a different dealership or call around and find one that will take the VIN... If all of the dealershjips that I have dealt with in the NY/NJ/CT area near me will do it then why would the dealerships in TX not? That just doesn't make sense... How could there be more Tegs stolen in your area of TX than my tri-state area? Bring your registration and photo ID and you should have No Problem.

When I get homw from work, I will post an exploded view PIC of the entire console so you can see it all for yourself where everything is and how it all comes apart.

Until then TTFN,,,

A.

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
This is the best PIC I could find this evening, I'll look for another tomorrow:

Your best bet is to get a Helm's manual and look at their diagrams which are VERY DETAILED...

Good luck dude...

A.

·
Registered
84 Posts
1Greyteg Where did you get those pictures? Those are very helpful. Is there anywhere I could find more of those? Possibly a little bigger?

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
01gsr said:
1Greyteg Where did you get those pictures? Those are very helpful. Is there anywhere I could find more of those? Possibly a little bigger?
Helm's Manual... And Those exact ones are parts list and numbered for Acura Dealership parts Departments, Not Stock numbered though.

A.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.