Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know anything about this clutch? I'm looking for a good all around clutch that doesn't have chatter or the harsh engagement of a pucked clutch. I want superior grip, and no slippage, a decent amount of pedal pressure and quick enagement. I'm just growing sick of my ACT clutch. It's an Xtreme pressure plate with a 4-puck disc. The pedal pressure is perfectly fine, I just hate the sounds, chatter, and harsh engagement of the 4-puck disc. Can anyone tell me about the Centerforce or recommend another good clutch for atleast 200whp N/A?

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
first of all, clutches hold torque, not hp. because you're only making 200hp, it's safe to assume you're making around 150-170 ft.lbs, right? that is really still within stock spec imo, but if you really want some driveability, you can keep your current pressure plate and replace the 4-puck w/ an organic disk. you'll be able to hold up to 200ftlbs, iirc w/ that setup.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I don't need to replace the pressure plate? I can just replace the disc? I've only had the entire clutch for about 1 year. so i'm sure it's still good. I need to resurface the flywheel and just replace the disc then? That would probably be a lot cheaper too. So that mean I should still break it in for about 500 miles?

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
yep, just replacing the disk is SO much cheaper. you really don't need to replace the plate unless it's super worn out, but after a year, i highly doubt it :)

yes, just resurface the flywheel, replace the disk, have a beer, and call it a day :tu break in is for the disk mostly and not the pressure plate, so yah 500 miles without doing burnouts or excess strain on the disk will be good :nod

have fun and good luck :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.