Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My freind is getting a 99 328 pretty soon and bet me ten bucks his car can kick my ass. I told him i will tear him a new asshole. I know i can outdrive him but im still worried about losing. Hopefully by then my dad will have let me get my 50 shot but im hoping i wont need that. Does anyone in here have experience with racing beemers? Am i in over my head?

· Registered
519 Posts
BMW's are fast, but there also heavy as all get out. Compared to your civic it's kinda like a tank. A friend of mine has a nice BMW not quite a 99 slightly older but still a 3 series. Don't get me wrong it's a nice ride, and for there suspension it would cost you 3 grand just to come close to there stock ride and feel, but the car really lacked any get up. I'm sure once you get it moving and the such there pretty quick, but from a dead stop trying to get that thing to really move was quite a trick and he's got some nice mods on it and it still felt like it didn't have anything. I think with a nice launch and I don't know what mods you have, but your lack of weight, and I think the tq of the civic engine are in your favor. I say give it a shot, there are worst cars to lose a race to...

· Registered
583 Posts
The 330 with it's .2 more liters and in coupe form runs a 14.8, so that's a balpark figure, but 328 might be a 15.0, depending what trim and options you have.

· Registered
583 Posts
Integra2000LS:
Don't get me wrong it's a nice ride, and for there suspension it would cost you 3 grand just to come close to there stock ride and feel, but the car really lacked any get up. I'm sure once you get it moving and the such there pretty quick, but from a dead stop trying to get that thing to really move was quite a trick and he's got some nice mods on it and it still felt like it didn't have anything. I think with a nice launch and I don't know what mods you have, but your lack of weight, and I think the tq of the civic engine are in your favor. I say give it a shot, there are worst cars to lose a race to...
I hate to brake it to you, but the biemers are all quite fast, the stock biemers run around a 15 qt mile, which is probably quite faster than your ls runs right now, and the mods for them can do quite an improvement for the car's power. The reason that you don't think they have getup and go is because you are so isolated from the outside world inside them, they don't hesitate to go to redline, and unlike honda's you can't even tell they're ar the 5500 redline because the powerplant is so silky smooth.

· Registered
180 Posts
Read my sig, I raced a 99 328 off the line...It was a red light, I took him off the line and into second...his car was an auto, but by third his torque pushed his ass way ahead of me...then he got pulled over hahahaha.

· Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
v00tecsi said:
The older ones aren't as fast, but ALL the newer ones are pretty damn quick.

What would u classify as an older one? he might be getting a 98 or 97, im not really sure. Hey i can always pull the "if i had the extra ten grand u spent on ur car i would completely destroy u" if i lose, hehe

· Registered
631 Posts
Lswanie said:
If i had a 50 shot would that drastically change my chances?
what are you going to do use a 50 shot on a public road? this isnt night racing at the fast and furious festival lol jk. Nah seriously though you gonna kill someone using n2o on a public street.

PEace,
CroSsROaDs

· Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
CrossRoads22 said:
what are you going to do use a 50 shot on a public road? this isnt night racing at the fast and furious festival lol jk. Nah seriously though you gonna kill someone using n2o on a public street.

PEace,
CroSsROaDs

Were gonna go to the local track to do this.

· Registered
224 Posts
yah the bimmer is really fast!!!
this guy pissed me off by cuttin in my lane....so i drove rite next to his ass and he took off and so did i, but i could close him in!!! it was like this till he turned off!!! i think it was an auto too...so yeah dunt under estimates the new bimmers!!!!

but if u can drive well enough, mite be a close race

good luck bro...

· Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh yea, its gonna be a five speed to. This guy sucks so much at driving though it might actually work against him, hopefully:D

Back to my previous question. Do u think a 50 shot would be enough to put him a good distance behind me?

· Registered
224 Posts
Lswanie said:
Oh yea, its gonna be a five speed to. This guy sucks so much at driving though it might actually work against him, hopefully:D

Back to my previous question. Do u think a 50 shot would be enough to put him a good distance behind me?
im not sure about how much u should pull away, but i would say maybe 2-3 car length..mayb???

and tell us all about it after the race...

· Registered
2 Posts
i raced a 2001 328... and this guy was in my class talking crap about my si saying it just another slow civic. when i raced him i beat him by 2-3 car lengths. i'm not saying it's slow becuase i also think they're pretty fast. my friend has an M3... now that's fast... with your 50 shot i think you'd definately win.

· Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
SiDonny said:
i raced a 2001 328... and this guy was in my class talking crap about my si saying it just another slow civic. when i raced him i beat him by 2-3 car lengths. i'm not saying it's slow becuase i also think they're pretty fast. my friend has an M3... now that's fast... with your 50 shot i think you'd definately win.

Thats nice to hear. I really want to see the look on his face if i just obliterate him(knock on wood). :D

· Registered
93 Posts
I OWN A 00 SIR WITH AEM COLD AIR INTAKE AND I HAVE DRIVEN A 99 328I(AUTO) AND 02 330I(AUTO/TRIPTRONIC) THE 330 IS QUITE A BIT FASTER THAN THE 328 BUT THE 328 WAS STILL A BLAST TO DRIVE. I PERSONALLY WOULDN'T RACE EITHER ONE OF THEM IF I HAD TO PUT MONEY ON IT. 328 HAD APPROX.190HP AND THE THE 330 HAS 225 THE TORQUE NUMBERS ON BOTH MODELS ARE QUITE A BIT HIGHER THAN ANY CIVIC AND TRUST ME WITH A GOOD LAUNCH THEY WILL FLY OFF THE LINE. THOSE BAVARIANS DON'T MESS AROUND. MY TWO CENTS.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.