Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having problems with my 5th gen power locks where they repeatedly lock after I lock them from the outside. I was told that this is a common problem and that to fix it I need to replace the driver's side power lock actuator. Is this hard to do? I can remove the door panel, but I'm wondering how hard it is to actually replace the actuator. Has anyone had any experience with this where they could give me instructions on how to do it, or any tips? Thanks.

·
Registered
694 Posts
hmm mine does this also. and when i unlock my drivers side door it doesnt unlock all the doors like the passenger side does. for the last year i thought it was spose to be like that. until one night it unlocked all of them 2 different times. so hmm

·
Registered
39,372 Posts
ive never replaced the door lock actuator, but i did have to replace the power window regulator.--anyway, just be patient when working in the door-its really tight in there, and it seems that everything is fit together like a puzzle, so try to keep track the best way that you can of how everything goes back together. g/l-

1 - 3 of 3 Posts