Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this something I can do myself or should I give it to a mechanic to do? If its easy enought for me to do it then what oil do I use and what things do i need to do? Can someone give me a link or step by step guide? thanks

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
Freakin'H22A said:
go to the FAQ forum and download the Helms... it is very easy to do. :)
FAQ only has it for 5-speed trannies.

and even tho, the two are A LOT alike. lets explain it to the man who couldnt get his front motor mount out :hehe

- lift car
- place jackstands under car
- find tranny drain bolt
- unbolt tranny drain bolt
- let tranny fluid drain
- replace tranny drain bolt washer
- install tranny drain bolt and new washer
- tighten tranny drain bolt and new washer
- remove jackstand
- lower car
- open hood
- find tranny fill bolt
- unbolt tranny fill bolt
- place funny in hole left by tranny drain bolt
- unscrew cap on tranny fluid bolt #1
- pour tranny fluid from tranny fluid bottle #1
- check fluid level on dipstick
- repeat last three steps for tranny fluid bottle #2 and #3
- remove funnel from hole in tranny
- install tranny fill bolt
- tighten tranny fill bolt
- close hood
- go for test drive

im not sure if it takes 3 or 4 quarts so hopefully someone knows. as for fluid, Honda ATF works good in honda trannies

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
crdcz03 said:
lets explain it to the man who couldnt get his front motor mount out :hehe
HEY!!! :cry i am a noob with no tools....but thanks though hehehehehe :D and i am guessing i can get the washer and the oil from a honda dealership

·
Registered
462 Posts
hamadiscool said:
HEY!!! :cry i am a noob with no tools....but thanks though hehehehehe :D and i am guessing i can get the washer and the oil from a honda dealership
just a reminder, there is no fill bolt for auto tranmissions on honda's, fill bolts are only for manual transmissions. On auto's there should be a yellow dipstick way down somewhere next to the headers (i think). pull the yellow dipstick and stick a funnel in it, then follow the rest of the EXTREMELY descriptive steps posted by our mod.

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
hamadiscool said:
affirmative

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.