Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased Honda Accoed 2003 - praise be to God! - ..

It was provided with a CD-A Player ..

the problem is: I have many MP3 files which I want to listen during driving ..

but unfortunately the player could't read them!!

Is it Possible to make any modification to change cd player to mp3 player?

is there a very big CD disk can handle big amount of audio (more than 74 minutes) say 1000 minutes.

Is there any other solution?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Buy a CD deck that can play MP3s, no I'm pretty sure you can't "hack" your current stock CD player to play them. And there are no standard CDs that can hold more than 700MB. You'd have to go DVDs, or hard drives, or storage mediums like Compact Flash. But if you do get a MP3 player for your car, a 700MB standard CD disc can hold alot of music, like hours upon hours.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
actually they do have cd's that hold more than 700mb, but not a whole lot more, just barely, and they're really expensive, but besides those, they have DVD's. but... no, it takes code to unpack the mp3 files for your head unit to play as audio, so it really isn't possible to make your stock unit play mp3's... better yet, just buy an aftermarket mp3 head unit and yo'ure set to go. Better sound quality, more options, more music!

·
Registered
171 Posts
There's no way to hack your stock cd changer, unlike u can do to an xbox. Aftermarket mp3 player head units do take a while to change from track to track and even longer for folder to folder. Unless you spend quite a bit and get one wit the harddrive built in so there's no track to track delays.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Low_N_LoudAkord said:
There's no way to hack your stock cd changer, unlike u can do to an xbox. Aftermarket mp3 player head units do take a while to change from track to track and even longer for folder to folder. Unless you spend quite a bit and get one wit the harddrive built in so there's no track to track delays.
Are you Newzbining, newsleeching?

·
Registered
171 Posts
FlySly54 said:
Are you Newzbining, newsleeching?
???? :confused wut r u talkin about? I gotta pioneer mp3 player and everytime I skip to the next track it lags takes like 5 secs

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
get a cd changer add on with mp3 compadability...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all ..

your replies are highly appreciated ..

I found this MP3 Player for Honda accord 2003:

Is it possible to be installed as a replacement for a current cd player .. i.e. in the same place ..just dismantle the old one and put the new?!

thanks ..

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
man, I didn't know Honda had those players, but installation isn't hard, most likely you'll have to disassemble the console trim to get at and disassemble the old player, and that new one should plug in fine. But its a Honda spec CD player, usually people just get aftermarket ones so i'm not %100 sure on this. Ask in the car audio forums. Or if you really want it professionally done, bring it to the Honda dealer.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
The delay in my JVC isn't bad at all, it just hesitates for a split second, and the folder to folder isn't bad either, I can usually fit about 160 songs of my 192bitrate songs on a cd. I bought that cd player a year and a half ago, so I'm guessing the newer models have much less lag.

·
Registered
38 Posts
save time and money

Get an aftermarket mp3-cd player...
you get on screen titles/folder and expandability.

My opinion..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts