Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Check out Audiobahn subs. I want to put those in my car. They are not that expensve, and I only heard good things bout em.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I used to have a cheap system that hit hard as hell. That was until some jackass broke into my car and yanked it. I had 2 Audiobahn SE 12's, Power Acoustik gothic series 1200 watt amp, and a JVC head unit. IT sounded really good, and the amp never got hot. I paid around 450 for the subs, amp, box, wiring kit, and head unit.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Bighitsi said:
What subs, amp, cap, ect. can i get for kinda cheap but puts out :eek nice :eek bass?

all depends on what ur definetion of cheap is really. i wouldn't do a cap though they are a waste of money. let me know whats cheap and i will find ya something.

·
Registered
747 Posts
csuho said:
i wouldn't do a cap though they are a waste of money.
not trying to hate on you, but a cap is not a waste of money. if you ever had one and thought that, your system probably wasn't pulling enough juice to warrant one in the 1st place. not every system out there needs a cap...

·
Registered
189 Posts
ok buddy think what u want. but i am pretty sure i have had my fair share of systems that have had alot of current draw. probably more than u. i did use a cap one time and it was worthless. that time i had a soundstream 10.0 and it pulled a butt load of current.

if caps are soo good y don't u see caps in competetion vechiles? there is some food for thought.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
2 cerwin vega v-max 12's(around $150 on ebay)

MTX 801D(around $150 to $175 on ebay)

dont get a cap,do the big 3(it's in a sticky at the top of the page)

·
Registered
46 Posts
If you wanna be lazy you can go to Best Buy or Curcuit City and see what they have on sale. You might spend $300 to $500 dollars if that is in your price range.

I got a Pioneer set up from them one time and it knocked like a woman at your front door, mad, and on her period. Someone broke into my car when I was out of town and stole it. That is the only reason i got something else today becuz I was satisfied with that set up.

In most cases it all about the box and magnet.

·
Registered
747 Posts
csuho said:
if caps are soo good y don't u see caps in competetion vechiles? there is some food for thought.
food for thought? ok...

why would comp. vehicles use caps anyways? those are purpose desgined cars, trucks or vans you're talking about. they can use banks and banks of batteries and multiple alternators to run the audio. Caps aren't intended to supply constant current to your system. They store power during intervals when it is not required, which is most of the time, and release it when momentary peak demand exceeds what is available from the car's power system. A capacitor will not substitute for an electrical system that does not provide sufficient current in the first place.

Your Soundstream may have not put a strain on your electrical system and you may not have seen any benefit from using a cap, but to use a blanket term like, "caps are a waste of money" is incorrect.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Trust me a 10.0 does pull a shit load of current. A cap helped me a lot. I am running a 10.0 now and a 2.5F cap and it helps SOOOOOOOOO much
For comp vehicles the use tons of batterys and generators. caps arent needed
For a car that actually runs off an alternator and a smaller one at that a cap helps big time if you are moving current.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
I will tell you guys why a cap is looked down apon by true audio enthusiest.

1.It is a band-aid not a solution,the real problem is still not being fixed cause the electrical system in your car is still being strained.

2.The discharge rate of a cap is far to great or fast for them to be doing what they claim.Put it this way,the juice being pulled by the cap is being replaced by the battery just as fast as it is being pulled from it so if the juice is going into the cap at the same rate as it is going out of it them there is no real benefit of it,just a delayed reaction

3.Marketing-this is why most think it does what it says,you can look at it like bs part for a sport compact car like a electric supercharger or a cheap header,it looks cool and you can explain allday what it is there to do but it still is not doing it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.