Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been lookin on ebay for headers and exaust for my accord. ik you can get like headers for $100 and exaust for around $3 and ik its probably not the best stuff on the market but just want to hear some input from someone who has tried them?? and also down the road maybe a small turbo from there woundering if its just gonna screw mt motor in the long run? would app. the input thanks

· Registered
8,403 Posts
the never ending thread.

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
where are you getting two headers for 100 bucks and a 3 dollar exhaust?
why are you buying n/a mods if you're gonna get a turbo?
why are you gonna put a small turbo on a v6?

· Registered
12,453 Posts
k lol those are the prices from ebay and im 16 so dont kno shat so help a brother out please i need it
If your here to learn, heres my advise to you.

Save your money, get good headers, and parts.

With cars, for the most part, you get what you pay for, keep that in mind.

Granted, an e-gay cat back is ok in this case, but I'd just buy it for the mid-pipe and buy a good muffler and header.

And if your this new to things, you have TONS to read before you even think about going for boost.

Hell, don't even mod your car for now. Just learn how to drive it, go to the track with it, go to autox's and learn what mods you want/need to Taylor the car to your preferences rather than just assuming what everyone else does to a honda is what you should do.

· Registered
195 Posts
headers are a lot easier to screw up during manufacturing than an exhaust. ie fitting. its better for the headers to be legit, even if that means more money.

· Registered
39,372 Posts
dont waste your money on generic/cheap ebay crap. do it once, do it right and buy quality.

search, read faq's and stickies, learn.

· Registered
195 Posts
i agree with the do it once do it right theory, but im broke as hell so im settling for an ebay exhaust for now...

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
yeah but ive read on here you can only run like 4-5 psi and id think 3 grands worth 40-50 horse and whats wrong with the headers?
3 grand is not worth 40-50 horses. only in the honda world. get a supercharger, upgrade the pulley and get some nice header, then tune it. you'll make more than 40-50 more horses.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
allright thanks guys think im getting my things straightened out now to the supercharger prolly wouldnt happin right now but i would like some info would have money in under a year and i think theres only one for the j30 out there??

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
supercharger is just so much less complicated. you'll make more power with a turbo but it's alot of fab on an accord. the deciding factor is usually the intake manifold on supercharger configurations with similar type motors

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
o and also what about lowering springs. ik they say that you should replase shock and all but what about just megan 2" drop springs? and hoe hard is the install?
always replace shocks and struts. you can't lower stock shit like that or it'll blow prematurely and end up costing you more in the end. if you're hard up for money get tokico's

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
when you say blow what do you mean?
the cylinders blow. as in the shock/strut. will stop working and you'll be riding on nothing but a spring which will affect handling/safety/tire wear&tear. suspension is something you NEVER cheap out on

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.