Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a question for you about these performance modules and chips, they say you can gain upwards of 20 hp and torque by plugging in a resistor. you put this in you air/fuel temp sensor plug and bam 20 horses. now does this really work and if so what size is the resistor b/c they want like 20 bucks for somthing i can get at radioshack for 99 cents. i could try it and if it doest do anything im only out like a buck. so if anyone knows what im talkin about id really like some answers

·
Registered
542 Posts
dont even concider those chips. if they do fit in your car. then they just mess with the fuel to air ratio. Most of them make your engine run really lean and that is HORRIBLE for your car. They destroy your car. Its not worth it. Cheap performance... that dosent really exist. If you want some performance gains you should concider buying performance parts before you tune your engine. Your engine is allready tuned for its setup.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the info i seen said it also messed with the timing and would change the fuel/air ratio but the engine is due to be replaced or overhauled and i thoght if i could get just a little more from her before she die on me what the hell, but i dont want to trash the engine just for maybe a 5-6 hp boost, what else do know about theses mods?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
hondaboy1990 said:
i have a question for you about these performance modules and chips, they say you can gain upwards of 20 hp and torque by plugging in a resistor. you put this in you air/fuel temp sensor plug and bam 20 horses. now does this really work and if so what size is the resistor b/c they want like 20 bucks for somthing i can get at radioshack for 99 cents. i could try it and if it doest do anything im only out like a buck. so if anyone knows what im talkin about id really like some answers

Trust me, you wont see any power... That was a myth a long time ago, and some people have been making money off of it... Use google and search on the topic, you should find the same article that I am talking about..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts