Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need a clutch kit soon, i saw the 6puk for 289 on preludeparts.com pretty cheap but i wanna make sure thats the best deal i can get...

·
Registered
2,092 Posts

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
i know a guy who just toasted his ACT in his JRSC civic si but im not letting that get me down. im still going with ACT....if you guys are looking for a good price on it i found the HA3-HDSS for like 309 at www.superiorracing.com its a shop that is close to my house that just opened up an online shop. check them out....good prices on some stuff.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
4bidden said:
i know a guy who just toasted his ACT in his JRSC civic si but im not letting that get me down. im still going with ACT....if you guys are looking for a good price on it i found the HA3-HDSS for like 309 at www.superiorracing.com its a shop that is close to my house that just opened up an online shop. check them out....good prices on some stuff.

hey....just an opinion...since ur time is allready low...why not use the money that you're gonna use towards Vtec and get a turbo...? it'll be a little more but very impressive if you set it up right...that's what i would do....Vtec is really not that great...and you will be running like 14.3-14.5 or something...

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Murdah One said:

hey....just an opinion...since ur time is allready low...why not use the money that you're gonna use towards Vtec and get a turbo...? it'll be a little more but very impressive if you set it up right...that's what i would do....Vtec is really not that great...and you will be running like 14.3-14.5 or something...
im really not a fan of FI at all. i am 18 years old, a senior in high school, and have bills to pay. i dont have that much time to be messing with a turbo. i also dont want to have to worry about reliability because this is my only vehicle and only means of transportation. my motor has 157k miles on it so i would spend a ton getting it to "turbo-able" condition anyways.

believe me....ive pondered the idea :cool:

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
4bidden said:

im really not a fan of FI at all. i am 18 years old, a senior in high school, and have bills to pay. i dont have that much time to be messing with a turbo. i also dont want to have to worry about reliability because this is my only vehicle and only means of transportation. my motor has 157k miles on it so i would spend a ton getting it to "turbo-able" condition anyways.

believe me....ive pondered the idea :cool:

well if you turbo you gotta rebuild the engine anyways....if you do that, the mileage don't matter...cuz the engine has new parts...but i know what u mean...how much will the swap cost u total?

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
the h22 swap?

with all the goodies that i want im not sure but im getting the complete swap with lsd for 2600. i know a guy that is going to do the install for me im pretty sure. you probably know him....hes the guy that has the only sc'd 4gen prelude in the US. goes by caz on hond aprelude.com.

·
Registered
814 Posts
4bidden said:
why do you need a 6puck clutch? thats a pretty harsh clutch.

from the mods you have listed i think you should look into the HA3-HDSS or if you are planning to add some kind of forced induction later possibly, check out the HA3-XTSS.
huh??? 6-puck (rps) in my prelude grabs hard, chatters a bit (hardly noticeable) but in no way would i consider it to be harsh...

its awesome...

i have heard too many act (organic disc) horror stories to ever recommend the brand, but i know the act 6-puck copper ceramic clutch discs to be quite good, and the xt pressure plates give quite a good left-leg workout...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts