Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think i wanna get the alpine CDA-7893 head unit...its listed as $380 on alpine.com, but im sure i can find it for a little cheaper. Thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
i had the same thing from the good guys, but i refund the deck because i saw the pioneer DEH-P9300 for the same price on e-bay. and that deck is much better than the alpine, trust me with no regrets. im talking about sound quality and the looks

·
Registered
333 Posts
Well to tell you the truth, I did have my eye set on the Pioneer deh-9300 series as well, but I wanted a more subtle look, not too much graphics, so i went and tested out alpine, nakamichi, and pioneer.. I liked the options and sound from the alpine the best. Plus I think the pioneer only has 2 sets of preouts and they're 2volts. While the alpine has 3 at 4volts.

Bottom line, I just liked the alpine better.. and the time correction option is a plus too. So it's just all personal preference I guess.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea i like pioneer also but some of their head units look too aggressive with too many graphics...plus alpine is just a more respectable brand, but theyre both phat...thanks

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
i like alpine and all (one of my favorite brand of headunits) but how do you guys drive at night with those things! bright as hell!:eek: i don't like pioneer (at least their lower models anyways..) it went out on my so many times. buttom starts to get stuck, number 3 and 6 preset buttons are dead. it doesn't read scratch cd like it use to. skips on bumps (never had problem before). and all this was only after 3 months..:(

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
whas good guys? there is one on ebay that i wanna bid on but before i do dat, it says dat the powerful output of da cda-7893's v drive internal amp requires a direct fused connection to ur car battery, and they recommend a 10-gauge amp wiring kit...do i really need this kit and how much is it?? thanks

·
Registered
333 Posts
GSteg said:
i like alpine and all (one of my favorite brand of headunits) but how do you guys drive at night with those things! bright as hell!:eek: i don't like pioneer (at least their lower models anyways..) it went out on my so many times. buttom starts to get stuck, number 3 and 6 preset buttons are dead. it doesn't read scratch cd like it use to. skips on bumps (never had problem before). and all this was only after 3 months..:(

All you gotta do is turn adjust the dimmer setting.

·
Registered
74 Posts
ETRONICS!!!!
go to etronics.com for headunits... i got my 7995 for 364 w/full warrenty non referbished totaly new and thats cheaper then most u guys listed the 93 at which over a 100 bucks cheaper then the 95. i think the 93 goes for like 260 maybe???? but i highly recomend the 95 if your running a 4 channel amp and if your not getting another amp then the 9815 is the way to go!

·
Registered
568 Posts
GSteg said:
my alpine 7894 Hu dim at night when you turn on your headlight!:nod:

·
Registered
739 Posts
njt1 said:
ETRONICS!!!!
go to etronics.com for headunits... i got my 7995 for 364 w/full warrenty non referbished totaly new and thats cheaper then most u guys listed the 93 at which over a 100 bucks cheaper then the 95. i think the 93 goes for like 260 maybe???? but i highly recomend the 95 if your running a 4 channel amp and if your not getting another amp then the 9815 is the way to go!
If you bought your Alpine HU from etronics, you've got NO manufacturer's warranty. They are not an authorized dealer. Same goes for any seller dealing in gray market or parallel import goods. You save the $$ but take a risk. They may offer you a warranty through the seller but you can't ship a broken unit to the manufacturer and expect them to honor the warranty.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
all i can say is that, if sounddomain carries alpine, price match them with some of the shadier companies and they will match it and give you 5%

·
Registered
356 Posts
JrZyHuStLa said:
whas good guys? there is one on ebay that i wanna bid on but before i do dat, it says dat the powerful output of da cda-7893's v drive internal amp requires a direct fused connection to ur car battery, and they recommend a 10-gauge amp wiring kit...do i really need this kit and how much is it?? thanks
I'm not too sure if it's worth it to actually run 10 guage wire directly to the head unit but alpine does claim that there internal amp is more powerful than most so might as well to get the most bang for your buck out of it. But if you were going to use external amps then I wouldn't bother running 10 guage to the cd player.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.