Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an interesting "thing" going on. I can't say problem, because my mechanic couldn't pull any codes or anything when he hooked it up to the computer yesterday.

I have a '91 Accord 4-Cyl. (the value package) and as of a month ago, when ever I start the car, the Check Engine Light blinks 10 times and then quits. It doesn't come on when I'm driving or any other time, just at start up. I have no symptoms to talk about, so I'm just wondering if anyone has had this happen and knows exactly what it is.

If it's a problem, I'd like to get it taken care of right away so it doesn't lead to more problems. I really don't have the money for anything to go wrong with my car right now so if anyone knows....Please help.

·
Registered
102 Posts
heres a list of codes 4 u
0 Engine Control Module (ECM)
1 Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S)
3 Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP Sensor)
4 Crankshaft Position (CKP Sensor)
6 Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT Sensor)
7 Throttle Position (TP Sensor)
8 Top Dead Center Position (TDC Sensor)
9 No. 1 Cylinder Position (CYP Sensor)
10 Intake Air Temperature (IAT Sensor)
13 Barometric Pressure (BARO Sensor)
14 Idle Air Control (IAC Valve)
15 Ignition Output Signal
16 Fuel Injector
17 Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS)
20 Electrical Load Detector (ELD)
21 Variable Valve Timing & Valve Lift Electronic Control Solenoid Valve (VTEC Solenoid Valve)
22 Variable Valve Timing & Valve Lift Electronic Control Pressure Switch (VTEC Pressure Switch)
23 Knock Sensor (KS)
30 A/T FI Signal A
31 A/T FI Signal B
41 Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Heater
43 Fuel Supply System

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, if it blinks ten times, then it's the IAT (Intake Air Temperature) sensor going out?

Should I have any symptoms? If it does "go out", what should I expect?

·
Premium Member
6,822 Posts
if it does die i believe the IAT is related to the IAC and will cause the idle to fluctuate in the cold because the IAC is trying to compensate for the broken IAT.... im not 100% on that though

·
Olde School Ricer
8,762 Posts
I thought 10 was a long flash, with no short flash (basically 1 flash)
So I'm kinda confused, did you get any long flashes.

·
Premium Member
6,822 Posts
now that you bring that up that makes me think....yes 1 long flash=10 but why would it give 10 short to equal 1 long :confused miscount maybe? if not a miscount id say try a diffrent ECU

EDIT: are we sure hes counting them right???

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
he said it flashes when he turns the car on, not when its jumped in any way. I have the same problem with my civic. I turn it on and when its cold, it flashes until you touch the gas pedal. It flashes an inconsistent number of times too

·
Premium Member
6,822 Posts
i think at autozone u can check out those diagnostic machines to get codes to see whats wrong...worth a try.
hes already said the mechanic cant pull a code, and hes probably using a snap on scanner, not a vato-zone scanner, anyways i say try a known good ECU

·
Registered
35 Posts
hey guys I got 3 long blinks with 6 short ones right after the long ones.
Thats 36 right ? Whats 36? I have a h22a with a p13.
Any idea's?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nah. Every single time it's 10 short flashes. No long flashes. Still haven't noticed any symptoms due to it, other than different lengths of time for the car to get to normal operating temperature.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a 04 accord today i was driving about 70KPH and about 65to70% on the gas pedal the check engine light flashed 10 times do anyone know what it can be

1 - 13 of 13 Posts