Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

check engine light???

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  CapnToll 
#1 ·
What are some problem with check engine light?? my car was stolen and then after that the check engine light is on?? anyone knows?

#2 ·
What year is it and what is the car doing besides the light coming on. More information about your problem gets a better answer.
The only info I can give you is to pull the code from the check engine light, but without knowing what year you have, I can't tell you how to do that. OBD-0, OBD-1, and OBD-2 have different ways of pulling the code fromthe car.

#7 ·
Yea that's a pretty common one. Might not actually be the O2 sensor heater, because when anything goes wrong with one of the O2s, any of those codes could go. A new O2 would probably fix things, but you could go down to a Honda/Acura dealer, and ask them to read the code themselves, see if they can narrow it down actually to the heater.

Is the car acting weird? Rich/lean? Smoking?

#8 ·
no theres no problem....but as of right now..my car wont start because i was told to unplug the second spark plu wire of the distributer and try to start the car and now my car wont start damn.. so much stress do you kno what wrong?? do i just need new spark plug wire or somethang

#9 ·
Got your PM.

I would test if you're getting spark. It could also be that you have your wires hooked up to the wrong plugs or hooked up incorrectly to the distributor. If the issue is looking to be more serious and distributor related you can do the tests yourself, or take it somewhere. If you want to tackle it on your own, you can reference this:
Advanced Ignition Troubleshooting - Team Integra

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.