Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason my check engine light just came on today. So what i did was i just unplugged the battery and plugged it back. When I did this the check engine light went away. Should I have done this?

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
well depending on the year of ur car it can just be a reminder light to change the oil or something. the 98+ accords have this in which their reminder is embedded into their check light. it can also mean your emmisions level is not to specs. it could be a hundred things...yet if it dont come back then it was probably a reminder light and nothing serious. if i was serious it would come bak.

·
Registered
340 Posts
actually just because it doesn't come back on after you unplug the battery doesn't mean there isn't anything wrong. mine came on about 6 months ago and i unplugged my battery to see if it would come back on and it didn't. but....i went ahead and took it to the dealer.....my vtec pressurer switch had went out. so you might want to either take it to the dealer or do the diagnostic check you self if you have OBD1.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
yea true also...if u can get the diagnostic codes u would be able to findout what is wrong. thanks for pointing that out. hehe my car is obd1 so u know..i dont have them problems

1 - 4 of 4 Posts