Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sprayed nitrous for the first time today.
When im in 4th gear *automatic ex*.. and im passing around 5k rpms.. My check engine light comes on..

I was likw WTF, Deaccelerated and shut the nitrous off, a couple of blinks later, My Check enige light turns off.. It just blinks for awhile.. *after i turn the nitrous off*

WTF is wrong?

· Registered
30 Posts
Did it start flashing right away? If the CE light flashes, it's usually a sign that the ECU has detected something seriously wrong, like a misfire. The only way to know for sure is to pull the code.

How lean were you running at the time?

· Registered
153 Posts
could be yer tranny.... my check engine light stayed on after i fucked my tranny up...

· Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a ZEX kit.. set at 55 shots of nitrous

Im running ngk bkr6e plugs.. * 1 degree colder then stock?*

Im running 91 octane..

I ran nitrous through 1st-2nd-3rd gear..

Rite when it shifted into 4th.. it was still fine.. Rite When it hit around 5krpms.. The Check engine Light came on.. and I got scared.. I let go of the gas* deactivate Nitrous* and flipped my switch off.. Then after a couple flashes.. The check engine light went off.. and Ive been fine since

I seriously Think its the Knock senor that went off, Saying im 2 lean at 4th gear.. or something..

What should i do?

· Registered
30 Posts
Yeah, but you need some way of monitoring exactly how rich or lean you're running. Also, the FPR will richen or lean the mixture the same all across the board, whereas an AFC or some equivalent fuel computer will allow you to fine tune different spots in the rev range that are giving you problems.

For example, if you're running lean only at 5000 rpm, if you increase the fuel via a FPR to fix that, you'll be running rich everywhere else now.

You only need the fuel pump & stuff after you're making so much power that the stock pump & injectors can't supply enough fuel at all. A 55 shot should be within the limits of the factory part.

Go find someone with an OBD2 scanner & scan that code! :)

· Registered
171 Posts
intake said:
I sprayed nitrous for the first time today.
When im in 4th gear *automatic ex*.. and im passing around 5k rpms.. My check engine light comes on..

I was likw WTF, Deaccelerated and shut the nitrous off, a couple of blinks later, My Check enige light turns off.. It just blinks for awhile.. *after i turn the nitrous off*

WTF is wrong?
I hope I understand your post, Okay my first statement is that if you were actually in 4th gear in your automatic (only has 4 gears) and you were at 5000 rpm you would be going over 120 mph. From what I hear about nitrous and 5 speeds it's not good to spray in 5th because it is a weak gear. In my auto EX my 4th is an extremely weak gear so If i were you I probably wouldn't spray so high into the rpm band when your car is in 4th

Just my 2 cents, can anyone back me up on this?

· Registered
171 Posts
My Ex doesn't shift into 4th untill about 100.

But like i said 4th is a weak gear and just becareful peace

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.