Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out my new theme :) I have windows XP but I hate the startbar so I got objectdock and now I have a nice toolbar at the top, kinda like the mac's. I used the bloss theme using windowblinds. and for winamp i used some silver skin. the background is a combination of two different bg's that i found on deviantart that i liked. let me know what ya think

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks :) i spent like all day finding all the dock icons (the icons at the top) for each of my programs, and it took me a while setting up the bg too. it was worth it though, my computer is really easy to use now, lol just clicky the buttons on the top, and there aren't any icons on the desktop so it isn't cluttered at all. it does use a little extra system resourse but i don't care cauz i have a gig of ram.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
I had my computer desktop all fancified once, but i just grew tired of setting it all up again after a format. looks nice tho

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tqhx said:
I had my computer desktop all fancified once, but i just grew tired of setting it all up again after a format. looks nice tho
:) that's why I got smart this time, the second I got done installing every last program that I normally install and got everything setup I used symantec ghost to make a ghost image of my hdd onto a dvd. So... now when my computer is ready for another format I just pop in the symantec ghost boot floppy disk and reboot and throw the dvd into my dvd drive and ghost my harddrive back to the "clean" state, save sooooo much time, and it's so easy. :D

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
krazykloudz said:
:) that's why I got smart this time, the second I got done installing every last program that I normally install and got everything setup I used symantec ghost to make a ghost image of my hdd onto a dvd. So... now when my computer is ready for another format I just pop in the symantec ghost boot floppy disk and reboot and throw the dvd into my dvd drive and ghost my harddrive back to the "clean" state, save sooooo much time, and it's so easy. :D

if you want to be super tricky you can make a bootable DVD with the ghost image on it

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
joeyl said:
if you want to be super tricky you can make a bootable DVD with the ghost image on it
it's what i planned on doing until i noticed how freakin huge my image was going to be. about 8 gb after installing all the software that i like, (i didn't install any games though, they don't need to be on the image imo) so even at 60% compression (the high setting for symantec ghost) it still wouldn't even fit on one disk so i didn't even bother, oh well.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
a bootable dvd with a ghost image isnt that tricky. It would be nice to have a DVD-R drive. Until then i really dont mind formatting. The biggest thing is i always make my changes slowly over time, and the day i reverted to my ghost id probably still be way off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.