Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after much debate i went ahead and got the weapon r intake. With it i also bought the cold air box.
Here are some pics.

As a whole its a really nice setup, even though i was disappointed when i realized the air box was nothing more than 3 pieces of sheetmetal. Mind you i paid 60$ instead of the official 110$ price. But after the installation it looked and fit great.

I wont comment on the performance since the loudness and deep growl at WOT would make anyone believe they are getting 10hp out of it. It does seem like it pulls much harder in vtec but who knows.

Anyway just wanted to share my experience of my first Prelude mod.

-Johnny

·
Registered
349 Posts
It looks nice

Too bad the engine bay doesn't match it. CLEAN YOUR STUFF! (didn't yo mama teech yo to wash it up?)

·
Registered
146 Posts
I've been looking at that too. Probably will have enough money in a couple weeks. Is the cold air box necessary, I thought that was instead of the CAI and in place of the stock air box?

·
Registered
866 Posts
I really like how that peice looks. :number1 Looks different and clean.

·
Premium Member
2,675 Posts
Damn thats d0pe y0 :number1

:w00t

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
holy crap it looks like Weapon R actually built something cool!!

I wanna see dyno numbers... that's much better looking than an AEM... I'd rather have that any day.

lookin good man.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Where is the breather hose going off of the intake? Did you just loop 10" of hose, or did you hook it up somewhere else? I cant tell if its hooked up to the valve cover or not.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah i just looped the hose. Had the stub been an inch lower on the intake i could have cut the hose to just 1-2" and have it go straight across but since they are offset the loop is required i guess. i'll probably be shortening the hose to make the loop smaller and less noticable but its not an issue (i think) to be this long

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
ragethemachine8 said:
Well after much debate i went ahead and got the weapon r intake. With it i also bought the cold air box.
Here are some pics.

As a whole its a really nice setup, even though i was disappointed when i realized the air box was nothing more than 3 pieces of sheetmetal. Mind you i paid 60$ instead of the official 110$ price. But after the installation it looked and fit great.

I wont comment on the performance since the loudness and deep growl at WOT would make anyone believe they are getting 10hp out of it. It does seem like it pulls much harder in vtec but who knows.

Anyway just wanted to share my experience of my first Prelude mod.

-Johnny
i want to know how you got it cheaper and what the box actually does. i like the way it looks though.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
http://www.sromagazine.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=7745
http://www.sromagazine.com/shop/pro...=6080&osCsid=24bb290a2cda4055d3e3d46d84e861b7

with s&h it came out to about 250$. Thats the cheapest price i've found, not even ebay ws cheaper.

As far as the purpose of the box that was questioned, it basically blocks of heat from the engine. As you know colder air means more hp. Remember its a short ram though not a cai, so with this combo you pretty much have a short ram with the efficiency of a cai. I bought it for cosmetic reasons, and because nobody else that i know has it. Plus it also has the dual chamber similar to the aem V2 intake series.
(Dont know if this is a rip-off but the part of the intake that actually has the 2 chambers is about 5 inches long right before it hits the intake manifold. Not sure if its all the way thru in the aem version)

And if you love the sound of an intake, you'll love this intake. Might be the box too but this thing is loud. Gunning it it sounds like i have a full exhaust.

·
Registered
118 Posts
wr box

what is the configuration of this box? Does it have 6 complete sides or is the bottom missing?

I was building a custom box, but shit this is only 65 dollars.

I have a decent space next to my battery, I don't see how this box wouldn't fit.

Any insight as to how this thing is constructed - must have a 2.5 or 3 inch inlet in the backward facing side - could be modified.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.