Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I don't post much, but that's because my Civic is only a few months old and it's mostly stock.
but not anymore!!!!

As some of you might recall, I bought some tokico coilovers a while back.
Finally, I will get a break from school and work and install them THIS month!!!

Here are my new additions from the past month.
1. OEM strut tower bar - no ebay cheap stuff with hinges
2. OEM gsr integra shifter - I just really like the grip on it
3. OEM gsr Integra front seats!!

I got the seats for two reasons.
First - Laterial support. I'm tired of flying sideways in my car as I turn. My old Accord coupe had better seats than the silly Civic.
Two - The Civic seats make me sit too high. I'm actually too damn tall for my car and have to use the sunroof to get some extra clearance.
In addition, when I decide to have some fun and join my friends at the autocross track, I'll be able to wear a helmit and still get in the driver seat.

The dude that I bought the seats from MUMMIFIED my seats ready for BURIAL!!!! HAHAHAHA I was cracking up when the UPS guy came.

They were a little dirty, but after some cleaning, they turned out great. All the dirt came right out with some foam stuff I got at the store. (pic before the cleaning...yuck!)

BLAH! Stock seats. No support - sitting way too high!

THAT'S MUCH BETTER!!!
Check those side supports compared to the Civic passenger seat!

hope you enjoy the pics!

·
Registered
551 Posts
So you're sayin that the last pic is the new ones, and the second last is your stock seats?

·
Registered
611 Posts
Looks good :tu:
got_teg said:
So you're sayin that the last pic is the new ones, and the second last is your stock seats?
The passanger side is the civic seat, the driver side is the new 'teg seat.

·
Registered
614 Posts
dude, my stock civic seats (95) are very similar to the integras.,. but i do agree.. some models just dont have that side support... like my moms 97 civic.. damn i tried cornering on tha thing and fucking flew into the door! with mine i feel more secure and bolted down.!! CONGRATS MAN!!!:D

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
looks good man ... you definitley need to come to the next bay area meet ... we just had one in livermore this past weekend.

and damn you sit pretty up right ... my seats are leaned almost all the way back :p

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks everyone

oops...sorry
yes, the driver is the gsr seat and the passenger is the stock civic
i'm putting the other gsr seat in this weekend.

yeah, i sit pretty up right
my legs are fairly long and it pushes the seat back
i like the grab the top of the wheel with a little bend to my elbows

my boss , during his free time, is a porsche open track race instructor.
He says the best position is when you sit comfortably and be able to rest your wrist on top of the steering wheel.
That way you don't tangle yourself up when you are turning.

if you're wondering, the seats are around the same year as my car.
I figured if there is fading, the color would match up. :)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Melt said:
looks good man ... you definitley need to come to the next bay area meet ... we just had one in livermore this past weekend.

and damn you sit pretty up right ... my seats are leaned almost all the way back :p
HAHA sure!
let me know when the next one is, but i gotta worn ya...my civic is fairly boring on the outside. :p

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
natcc99 said:
HAHA sure!
let me know when the next one is, but i gotta worn ya...my civic is fairly boring on the outside. :p
dont even worry about it ... the only exterior attributes my car has is the clears, civic vx rims, yellow emblems, and painted calipers.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts

nice change... I like them... so where did you get them?? and how much... I know my Si seats are ok, but I do like the GSR's better...

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Melt said:
dont even worry about it ... the only exterior attributes my car has is the clears, civic vx rims, yellow emblems, and painted calipers.
haha okay!
i'll keep an eye out for the next honda meet

1 - 12 of 12 Posts