Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
3,194 Posts
it doesn't even have headers? and I think that mugen emblem smells fishy to me as well. Looks pretty nice, just nothing that spectacular, only the easy parts of the dash had the color changed, a razo quickshift would have sat lower and looked better, great stance and nice rims though. Pretty clean all in all though. Not really a show car in my opinion though.

· Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
illusion said:
it doesn't even have headers? and I think that mugen emblem smells fishy to me as well. Looks pretty nice, just nothing that spectacular, only the easy parts of the dash had the color changed, a razo quickshift would have sat lower and looked better, great stance and nice rims though. Pretty clean all in all though. Not really a show car in my opinion though.
As for the headers, in what picture does it show that the car is running stock manifolds? I think this is one of the nicer looking Accords around sans alot of the manufacturer names, but the car is sponsored by alot of people. If I were Roger Ebert, you would se two thumbs up on the screen.

· Registered
3,194 Posts
right here you can see a hint of the stock heat shield, which coincidently will not fit on comptechs(plus why would you want to cover up the nice CT badge :)).

It looks nice. I'm not a fan of graphics though. And I see NOTHING custom besides the graphics, the wing and painting stuff. Painting stuff is cool, but anyone can do that, even me.. oh wait I already did, almost a year ago. Anyhow. When I go to shows(I go to look not compete) I see way to many cars that are run of the mill with stuff that anyone can do, I want to see stuff like noone else. Like Gundam.. His accord was a show car. that thing was gorgeous. Alpine Accords, cool ass engine bay and complete custom centere console, now again that's a show car. This thing is not.

only pics I could grab while I'm at work, and sorry for the quality, jpgs don't care to be blown up that far.

· Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
illusion said:
right here you can see a hint of the stock heat shield, which coincidently will not fit on comptechs(plus why would you want to cover up the nice CT badge :)).

It looks nice. I'm not a fan of graphics though. And I see NOTHING custom besides the graphics, the wing and painting stuff. Painting stuff is cool, but anyone can do that, even me.. oh wait I already did, almost a year ago. Anyhow. When I go to shows(I go to look not compete) I see way to many cars that are run of the mill with stuff that anyone can do, I want to see stuff like noone else. Like Gundam.. His accord was a show car. that thing was gorgeous. Alpine Accords, cool ass engine bay and complete custom centere console, now again that's a show car. This thing is not.
I think I am going to continue to argue this point:

What makes a show car?

· Registered
3,194 Posts
being unique, being something the masses want to see, something that you don't see every single day. Not just slapping $5K worth of BS on your car and calling it a show car. Not being a Rboy and putting a mugen emblem on a car that mugen doesn't make performance parts for, oh pardon me does he have mugen seat belt covers? haha. keep arguing it does no good. I agree it's a good looking car, but it's just another accord, nothing special. Go look at gundams accord, or Alpine accords ride, to me those are show cars, and they don't even show them, this thing jsut what I said, just another accord.

· Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Slapping $5k worth of BS on a car? Okay, WingsWest kit, 19" Axis Wheels, custom interior, some sort of suspension upgrade, if you look closely at the last couple pics you will notice the custom Recaro seats, Big brake kit, and much much more. I hate to say this, but just because you don't find a car visually appealing, or overlook items does not mean is unique or not appealing to the next person. No offense here to Gundam, but he has a regular BWI kit painted a different color, and maybe half the upgrades this silver Kinesis's Accord aka Duck has. I am not disagreeing with your stance on what a show car is, but it is all in the eye of the beholder. I am sure there are many kids on here that think your Accord could quailify as show caliber, or even maybe my car for the matter. As well, don't diss the guy on the stickers. I know it may look bad to you, but as a sponsored SHOW CAR, you are required to give props to the people that hooked you up.

I have no defense on the Mugen emblom, I am sorry.... I am thinking he just needed something to take up space?

This car is not your local ricer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.