Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK SO ME AND MY BUDDIES SWAP IN THIS LS MOTOB B18B INTO A CIVIC SI HATCH EVERYTHING IS ALL HOOKED UP AND NOW THE CAR WONT START. iT TURNS OVER BUT IT WONT START, I CHANGED THE FULL FILTER AND FUEL PUMP NEW DISTRIBUTER IT HAS SPARK BUT WONT START IM PUZZED...IF ANYONE HAS ANY IMPUT THAT WOULD HELP PLEASE DO I NEED A CAR TO GET TO WORK MY MOMS BEEN TAKING ME UNTIL I FINISH THE SWAP...OH THE MOTOR RUNS FOR SURE CUS ITS MY BUDDIES OLD ONE..

·
Banned
41,336 Posts
A motor needs three things to work
Air
Fuel
Spark

Have you checked to see if its getting fuel?
Have you checked if its getting spark?

·
Premium Member
6,822 Posts
Is the timing where it's supposed to be? (i.e. did the distributor/rotor get put back properly)
observations ive made over 9 years of working on hondas, this is given it is a STOCK or not heavily modified car:

spark plug gap out of the box is Generally ok as long as you use NGK, it might not feel right but it WILL run

you can run the car with the distributor in any position from full advance to full retard, it might not feel right but it WILL run

DIZZY rotors are idiot proof, they only go on one way

firing order however is not idiot proof......

cam timing is NOT idiot proof, BUT ive seen these run with the cams off time by 2 teeth

so lets get back to what a car needs to run... you need air, fuel, spark obviously you are getting air, are you getting fuel? are you getting spark? easy way to tell, pull a spark plug, is it wet? what does it smell like? if its wet and smells like gas you know youre getting fuel, so your problem is probably spark, plug the spark plug into the boot, ground the plug and carefully hold it by the boot and ground it and have a friend crank the car, do you have spark? honda engines generally fire or TRY to fire fairly quickly.... im sure you know this but....usually it sounds like this: DA DA DA vroooommmmmmm if its working right. does it start if you push the pedal? if so it could be a bad or dirty IAC

·
Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
hmm.... he says its getting spark I would check timing or fuel

·
Premium Member
6,822 Posts
hmm.... he says its getting spark I would check timing or fuel

yeah... i dunno if it has spark then it must not have fuel......im assuming the timing didnt get toyed with
not to insinuate anything but is the power hooked back into the underhood fuse box? its kinda easy to overlook, do you hear the pump prime?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Sounds like you should have fuel. As previously mentioned checked the plugs, checked distributor etc. Another common problem is the main relay under the dash check that too. If you go on youtube there's a pretty good tutorial on that by Eric the Car Guy. Hope this helps....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts