Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
1,004 Posts
Re: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

eg86b16a2 said:
damn now my tranny wont unlock when i apply the brakes....:cry:
is it an auto? try stepping on the brakes and have someone see if the brake lights are on

· Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

yeah man the lights turn on when i apply the brakes....i dunno how to pull the code and im thinking maybe my tranny is gone or some part of it cuz why would it lock ........?........:(

· Registered
219 Posts
Dude, go down to Autozone and they will run you code for free and then they will check in their listing and tell you what you car has coded. Hence you will know your problem. Hope this helps.

· Registered
37 Posts
hey man same shit happened to me...i punched my car when it was cold outside and i didn't let my engine warm up until i ran it hard and the check engine came on...what i did i just reset the ecu a couple times because the first time i reset it the check engine came on after five minutes...i reset it like 3 times until it finally went away...oh yeah when the check engine was on it would not let the vtec in my car engage...

· Registered
286 Posts
can anyone tell me what three short blinks is on an OBDII???? the manual says MAP sensor. i have set the vafc 2% leaner in wide and narrow all the way up to VTEC. VTI and VTO are perfectly matched, and my throttle position is set at 10% and 40%. I drove 560 miles with this setting then a day after i start the car fine, start driving then all of the sudden my shit starts to bog, throws the code, then corrects itself. does anyone have ideas, though it could be the MAP could it also be the sensor in my cat?????????? I drove around or above 100 mph the WHOLE way home. could i have just burnt the thing up???????? i also have 43K miles on the D16y8.

· Registered
1,393 Posts
1slowcivic said:
can anyone tell me what three short blinks is on an OBDII???? the manual says MAP sensor. i have set the vafc 2% leaner in wide and narrow all the way up to VTEC. VTI and VTO are perfectly matched, and my throttle position is set at 10% and 40%. I drove 560 miles with this setting then a day after i start the car fine, start driving then all of the sudden my shit starts to bog, throws the code, then corrects itself. does anyone have ideas, though it could be the MAP could it also be the sensor in my cat?????????? I drove around or above 100 mph the WHOLE way home. could i have just burnt the thing up???????? i also have 43K miles on the D16y8.
three short blinks is the MAP sensor code, are u running check valves or missing link? even so since u been driving like that for a while, whichever one ur using might have gone bad or something?

· Registered
84 Posts
eg86b16a2 your sig shows a 96-00 hatch that's why everyone thought you were obd2, your profile lists a '92 civic sedan, that's obd1.

did you get this figured out?

if not....
to get the codes on an OBD1 car, put a jumper in the little blue two pin plug under the dash on the passenger side. Should be either floating around if it's been used before or inside a housing secured to the outer wall.
Once jumpered, switch the ignition on (don't start it) the check Engine light will flash a code.
long flashes is the first digit, short flashes is the second digit.
second code's first digit follows first code if there is more than one.

check here for the meanings to the codes...
http://tech.hybridgarage.com/tech/codes.html

· Registered
582 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.