Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
11,504 Posts
Yeah, when I had Windows 98 I'd play that chess game it came with.

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
hotsauce_gm said:
anybody play chess here?.....cuz ill kick your ass at it fosho!! :D

Discuss
im sure ur a level 37 warlock in dungeons and dragons too...

haha jk :hug

i havent played in about 2 years cuz my brother in law used to kill me every time.

·
Registered
12,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
riceboy89 said:
im sure ur a level 37 warlock in dungeons and dragons too...

haha jk :hug

i havent played in about 2 years cuz my brother in law used to kill me every time.
oh......low blow :hehe naw i dont play any of that fantasy shit. i just picked up chess when i was a little kid and havent been able to stop playin. even though i do get ripped on by friends, girlfriends, aquantances, etc.

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
hotsauce_gm said:
oh......low blow :hehe naw i dont play any of that fantasy shit. i just picked up chess when i was a little kid and havent been able to stop playin. even though i do get ripped on by friends, girlfriends, aquantances, etc.

lol nah its cool. i mean its good for the head.

·
Registered
39,372 Posts
hotsauce_gm said:
anybody play chess here?.....cuz ill kick your ass at it fosho!! :D

Discuss
i will own you in chess. i play for money on occasion in washington square park down in NYC. ill give the 2100's a run for their money.

i play 3 min, 5 min, and 7 min games.

Reactions: Moon Cricket

·
Registered
39,372 Posts
tdoto_ said:
Do you play on yahoo?..........how high is your rating?
im not officially rated. if i had to guess, maybe 1800-1900? i play mostly for fun and on the clock; i cant stand slow games that take 2 hours to finish, but i put a good fight up against 2100 and 2200's that i play on the regular and beat on my good days. theres a starbucks by me where a group of about 10 of us meet up two times a week and all play. i used to play on yahoo, but havent for ages.

·
Registered
12,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
rnstein69 said:
im not officially rated. if i had to guess, maybe 1800-1900? i play mostly for fun and on the clock; i cant stand slow games that take 2 hours to finish, but i put a good fight up against 2100 and 2200's that i play on the regular and beat on my good days. theres a starbucks by me where a group of about 10 of us meet up two times a week and all play. i used to play on yahoo, but havent for ages.
dude if you dont even know what your rated there a big chance that your no where near 1800-1900.....i play tourneys and im only 1500-1600 at my best, currently in the 1400's. whoever wants to play me ill be on yahoo for a couple hours starting now!

·
Registered
39,372 Posts
hotsauce_gm said:
dude if you dont even know what your rated there a big chance that your no where near 1800-1900.....i play tourneys and im only 1500-1600 at my best, currently in the 1400's. whoever wants to play me ill be on yahoo for a couple hours starting now!
yeah, ok, i learned how to play when i was about 8, and am 24 now. been playing frequently on the clock for about 6 years and can beat 2100's on the regular. sure, whatever you say grandmaster. :rolleyes

and the yahoo rating system is off. that is not how they rate in real live tourneys; like i said, i dont do tourneys, i play mostly for fun and will play for a couple bucks on occasion.

·
Registered
12,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
rnstein69 said:
yeah, ok, i learned how to play when i was about 8, and am 24 now. been playing frequently on the clock for about 6 years and can beat 2100's on the regular. sure, whatever you say grandmaster. :rolleyes

and the yahoo rating system is off. that is not how they rate in real live tourneys; like i said, i dont do tourneys, i play mostly for fun and will play for a couple bucks on occasion.
dude, im not saying that your not good or that im a "grandmaster". if you can beat 2100's on the regular you should surely be playing in tournaments, considering that garry kasparov is only 700 points better than that at 2800, and he's considered one of the best players in the world.

·
Registered
39,372 Posts
hotsauce_gm said:
dude, im not saying that your not good or that im a "grandmaster". if you can beat 2100's on the regular you should surely be playing in tournaments, considering that garry kasparov is only 700 points better than that at 2800, and he's considered one of the best players in the world.
its funny you mention that. i have a friend who is rated at around 2000. we went to washington square park to play, and he wanted to play this guy named "russian peter". the grandmasters use him to practice, and he makes his living from playing chess and betting. he is a 5 min. expert and is rated at about 2650. beat my friend 10 games in a row. he wanted 5 bucks a game but he talked him down to 2 bucks a game since he knew he would win anyway. the guy is a monster, best player i have ever seen in person. he almost looks like a bum, with a beer gut, tattoos all up his arms, and wearing a tank top. lolz... he would have almost anyone fooled.

Reactions: P0P
1 - 20 of 152 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.