Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need same help, can anyone tell me if i can take that black box of my civic, the box is in the air intake........... can i substitute de intake manifold?????
my civic is 1.5..........:mad:

(sorry about any mistakes, but i'm from portugal, so give me a break.........:p )

· Registered
49 Posts
yeah you mean 70 hp (hi i have one too)

don't do anything to try and make that engine faster. start saving your money because a new engine isn't cheap and thats the only thing that will get that car moving.

You could always just rip out the air box and let the pipe just be open by itself and go straight headers ;-)

· Registered
1,011 Posts
well... if you want to know more about your car.. i suggest you buy a repair manual... HAYNES REPAIR MANUAL for HONDA CIVIC & DEL SOL 1992 thru 1995

you can buy it at barns and noble or whatever kind of bookstore...

Oh yeah check out this website... it has the specs for the 92-95 civics...

http://www.performancesupply.com/civic92-95.htm

· Registered
118 Posts
I think VX's have like 70. could be wrong. I remember we were putting and LS in one of those and we did before and after dynoes. It was pretty funny, we asked the kid if he wanted to keep the motor, he said no. So, we did a little ghetto fabulous 10 minute zex installation, retarded the timing and put a 70 shot on it and dynoed it a couple of times with a propane heater as a bottle warmer. It actually put down some decent numbers i remember it doulbed the torque. :)

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
here in portugal it sucks.......... i can't do a swap without paying a lot, and i still don't know if it's legal..........
my motor is the d15b2, it as 90 or 100........
i would like to have de VTI, in there is the SIR..... but for now i just want to go faster, because my motor is very very veryyyyyy slow, i can't pass 200km/h.............

· Registered
7,625 Posts
civicracrgrl said:
how much hp does a VX have?? does anyone know?
VX has 92hp @ 5500rpm, torque is 97 lb/ft. Really not a bad engine for an economy version, it will spank the DX. I had a VX before, you could just pop in the EX/Si tranny and it would really move, the VX gearing really stinks.

They use different engines in other countries, he needs to get the engine code before anyone gives him advice on what to do. There were no US spec motors in the 5g civic with 90hp exactly - we had : 70hp CX, 92hp VX, 102hp DX/LX, and 125 EX/Si.

· Registered
11,248 Posts
sorcerer_69 said:
here in portugal it sucks.......... i can't do a swap without paying a lot, and i still don't know if it's legal..........
my motor is the d15b2, it as 90 or 100........
i would like to have de VTI, in there is the SIR..... but for now i just want to go faster, because my motor is very very veryyyyyy slow, i can't pass 200km/h.............
why in the world would you want to go past 200km/h in a stock civic hatch?

· Registered
7,625 Posts
Wesley_Wilk said:
I really want a vx. They are just such a great platform to build off of. 3500 vx+3000 h22=one hella fast shitbox:D
I would go for a CX if you plan on just being as light and fast as possible. They are cheaper and a little bit lighter, and some of the little things the make the VX more expensive you will replace or remove anyways so save the money and put it towards more engine mods! :)

· Registered
553 Posts
kommon_sense said:
why in the world would you want to go past 200km/h in a stock civic hatch?
I doubt it matters what car he's in, hes in portugal :D

· Registered
305 Posts
hi i think u have an civic LSI which in the U.S is called VX. fuck all this swap business i hear all the time. my advive is to get a cai and a back box. go for styling its really the best way to go for what car u have.

good luck

· Registered
2,222 Posts
klungemonger said:
VX has 92hp @ 5500rpm, torque is 97 lb/ft. Really not a bad engine for an economy version, it will spank the DX. I had a VX before, you could just pop in the EX/Si tranny and it would really move, the VX gearing really stinks.

They use different engines in other countries, he needs to get the engine code before anyone gives him advice on what to do. There were no US spec motors in the 5g civic with 90hp exactly - we had : 70hp CX, 92hp VX, 102hp DX/LX, and 125 EX/Si.
man if a dx lost to a vx then the driver of the dx must've sucked really badly at racing. my friend raced a 95 vx in his 97 hatch and smoked the vx. vx's are so damn slooooow.

· Registered
380 Posts
wacivic said:
hi i think u have an civic LSI which in the U.S is called VX. fuck all this swap business i hear all the time. my advive is to get a cai and a back box. go for styling its really the best way to go for what car u have.

good luck
Not a chance here!!!

Did that with my 98 LX and there were some gains but nothing dramatic. Definitely got a transplant coming for the h/b once I get mine.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.