Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys cant be more WRONG!!!! The CIVIC and RSX type-R ARE coming to our shores!!!!! Don't believe me? Read the Motor Trend mag, they're comin out one year from now!!!

· Registered
81 Posts
ebsituner said:
actually, it's gonna be the evo 6, which is better off because it performs better than the new evo 7.
ur?! Why do you think the stock EVO 6 is better than the stock EVO 7? You were not talking about the $500,000 rally cars right?

I think the rally EVO 6 is better than the new rally EVO 7, but not the stocks.

· Registered
1,455 Posts
Hi do me a favour post that link im interested in that I hope they come here I will by a civic type r if it does for sure!:D

· Registered
96 Posts
SCC november 2001:

evo 6:

0-60: 4.8 sec
1/4 mile: 12.9 @ 106

evo 7:

0-60: 5.2 sec
1/4 mile: 13.6 @ 100

although the new car has more refinements such as an active center transfer case ( electronically controlled), better suspension and undercariage design, and a slight bump of 8 lb-ft of torque.

· Registered
81 Posts
ebsituner said:
SCC november 2001:

evo 6:

0-60: 4.8 sec
1/4 mile: 12.9 @ 106

evo 7:

0-60: 5.2 sec
1/4 mile: 13.6 @ 100

although the new car has more refinements such as an active center transfer case ( electronically controlled), better suspension and undercariage design, and a slight bump of 8 lb-ft of torque.
I agree with you the 1/4 time is not an improvement for the EVO 7, but the car is not design for drag racing. I don't think any Japanese automobile manufactory aim for drag racing when they design their cars. They always have high RPM instead of maxium torque. Not like American car companies.

· Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
CanCivic said:
Hi do me a favour post that link im interested in that I hope they come here I will by a civic type r if it does for sure!:D

I didnt find that info on the web. I found in the MOTOR TREND magazine! Go check it out!

· Registered
303 Posts
You guys are on some serious crack. The Evo 6 will never ever come to the US. Here's why.

1. US Crash testing
2. Cali emissions

The Evo 6 was not designed to meet either of these restrictions. Mistu is not going through the trouble to retro fit these cars with to make it either, it's not worth it financially to the company. However, the Evo 7 does meet both, as does the new Impreza STi, next gen GTR, etc.

So, quit bullshitting yourself. MotorTrend isn't stoopid enough to say something like that.

Read the article, jiz your pants.
http://www.motortrend.com/nov01/evo/evo_f.html

Full_Clip is holding out for an STi.

· Registered
221 Posts
haha... evo 6?? mitsubishi isnt gonna bring back an older model. what sense would that make??
if anything.. its gonna be an evo. 8, if they decide not to bring the evo. 7 in time. definitely not an evo 6 though

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.