Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,I did a search but an error kept coming up:mad.

I have been thinking..I have a 93 Civic EX Coupe. Which of course has the D16Z6 SOHC VTEC engine in it...While its not what I would call a terd...its nothing to brag about power wise either..I have thought about just modding it or going with a B16A or B20. At first I thought a B20 swap would be cheaper than a B16A swap...However that might not be the case...I know the B20 doesn't have the HP numbers that the B16A has but it would be a good starter motor. A buddy at work told me I need an LS tranny along with quite a few other things to make the B20 motor work..Roughly added it up and its gonna be pretty much what a B16A would cost me. Could someone make me a complete list of the stuff I would need to make the B20 engine work in my Civic? I have ridden in my friends 2000 Civic SI at work and at first I thought my SOHC motor would be alright...not the case anymore..his engine pulls harder than hell and I don't want to waste my hard earned money modding this D series motor. If someone could make me a list of stuff I need to make the B20 work and a cost estimate vs the cost estimate of a B16 it would greatly help me out in my decision. The only mods I have on my car right now are a Short Ram intake,Apex'i N1 Cat Back. Just want a DOHC motor and start from there on the engine. Thanks in Advance guys!!

·
Registered
13,558 Posts
Well. U wouldn't call modding a d16 motor a waste. But, i wouldn't know what kinda stuff would be needed for a b20 swap. I have a gsr swap in my civic, and it does me just fine :hehs . Good luck though.

·
Registered
34,361 Posts
you would need the same stuff to do that swap as anyother Bseries swap. the only difference is the B20 doesnt have vtec, so there is less wiring. one downfall is that the B20 is considered a truck motor so you may have trouble getting it registered. I would go for the B16 personally. its a little more expensive for the actaull swap, but you wont run into any registration/inspection issues

·
Registered
388 Posts
hey im lookin for a sohc vtec engine if u sell it please let me know on price and if ur selling it in a complete package such as engine, ecu, all that stuff. i want a sohc vtec just to toy around with and then i can work on my b18

1 - 4 of 4 Posts