Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone make entire replacement gauge clusters for 96-98 civic dx?? my shit one has no tach.... will one with a tach fit with no modification? if i go the junkyard route, can i pull the odometer from my current cluster and shove it in the new one? i eventually wanna resell the car... i dont wanna fuck up the mileage

:confused:

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
ya i can, I did :)

·
Registered
960 Posts
What most people do is get the cluster from the EX, which has a tach. You could possibly move the odometer ahead/back to match your current reading. I do not believe you can just take the odometer part from your tach to the new one.
Could be wrong, just never heard of anyone doing so.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmmm.. shit when u do a rollback the numbers never lineup like it did before u touched it.... ( not that ive ever done a rollback )

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
you remove 4 screws from the back, take apart the whole odometer area, and swap it with the new/old one........ but make sure you get a cluster that doesn't have the auto thinggie ( I did and I have stick) so, but it works :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cool thanks
i just bid on a EX cluster on ebay... its auto, but i just found out it doesnt make a difference u can cover the auto gear lights with white/indiglo/whatever faces :vpleased:

·
Registered
160 Posts
jeisai: Yeah actually it should be just that easy. When I took apart my buddies 1993 Honda Civic Si Coupes interior right before Christmas so he could have it painted, I had to remove his gauge cluster. Now his car is an automatic, and already has a tachometer but the tachometer is hooked up through the three plugs in the back of the gauge cluster.

But since your going from no tachometer to having one, it may not be that easy, so you can always buy it, and test it. Just uninstall your old gauge cluster, plug in the new gauge cluster, but leave it unbolted from the dash, reconnect your battery, start the car, and see if it worked. If it didn't then your going to have to take it to your local performance shop, and have them wire up the tachometer. I'm not a DIY kind of guy, I mean sure I can do somethings, but I'd rather let the professionals do it, instead of me fucking it up. :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.