Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
240 Posts
Damn, I learned my lesson about doing shit in the rain when i totalled one of my cars... i dont do shit like that anymore... haha

·
On Blakes Nuts
5,057 Posts
Deserves it, I wouldn't ever attempt to put my car on a wet track no matter what type of tires I have. Guy must have lots of money to risk a loss like that. Imagine explaining that one to your insurance company! Guy acted like he deserved to be out there, like he had an Indy car with rain tires or something! If he wouldn't have been a puss and drove the turn how it's supposed to be he wouldn't have ever wrecked. Anyone in their brother knows a high speed elevation change on a wet or slick road is disaster waiting to happen!

·
Registered
512 Posts
I'm not really following you when you say, if he drove the turn how it suppose to be, but that's okay.

I don't think a lesson learned was needed considering he wasn't jeopardizing anyone else and he was on a closed course. It's just the risk he took.

If anything, it's fucked up that the track didn't have any barriers in place at that location where he hit. Seems like a high prone area for high speed crashes. If that person wasn't wearing his helmet, I think he would have been seriously hurt if he wasn't with the helmet.

·
On Blakes Nuts
5,057 Posts
Mac8008 said:
I'm not really following you when you say, if he drove the turn how it suppose to be, but that's okay.

I don't think a lesson learned was needed considering he wasn't jeopardizing anyone else and he was on a closed course. It's just the risk he took.

If anything, it's fucked up that the track didn't have any barriers in place at that location where he hit. Seems like a high prone area for high speed crashes. If that person wasn't wearing his helmet, I think he would have been seriously hurt if he wasn't with the helmet.
When he pulled the car right there was an obvious elevation change which caused his tires to break traction. The rain added to it but if he would've just drove the car through the bend on the left side of the track he would've never even hit the elevation change. He of course would of had to slow down a bit to stay to the left (to prevent it from sliding of to the left) but it wouldn't have done what it did!

·
Registered
38 Posts
looked like it hydroplanned and lost control.

·
Registered
357 Posts
When you race, you crash. It will happen, eventually. Except it, rain,snow,sunshine,hail,sleet. It will occur once or twice in a lifetime.

He knew the risk racing in the rain, he took it, and then he crashed, shit does happen! ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
OMG!, that brings back bad memories in my EG...

Does anyone know what happen to this guy? did he get seriously hurt?

·
Registered
13 Posts
crash

watched it agn....the poor guy was trying to drive in the previous car's tracks if you watch....for watever reason he missed those tracks once crossing the finish...it looks like he pulled right too hard trying to get back in those tracks.....and i agree he shuda learned from the previous turn...he was in the tracks then and still broke loose. Oh yea he got knocked TFO per his rearview.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts