Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up i have made up my mind but i need alot of help more than anything questions to be answered. First things first i want to drop a single over head cam Vtec in my shell. how much is it to drop that in, how hard is it for the vtec to be wired, how much should i pay for the whole sawp, if the tranny is damadged how much should another cost and where can i find one cause i need one for a 96 and up could i put a 4 speed tranny in there?is there anyone around my area CT that would want to drop it in for me. PLEASE help me out i reallly never gotten good feedback from here so lets see what happens. thanks for your time

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
ohhhh.... where to start.. ok here goes:
first i want to drop a single over head cam Vtec in my shell. how much is it to drop that in, how hard is it for the vtec to be wired, how much should i pay for the whole sawp
well, if youre going with a d16(y8, im assuming?) since you already have the correct mounts in the corect locations, it should go with relative ease.

as far as wiring for vtec, i couldn't tell you, but i'm sure you could find a write-up on this, if i remeber correctly though its like 5? wires i think. someone help me out on this...
if the tranny is damadged how much should another cost and where can i find one cause i need one for a 96 and up
costs can vary greatly, anywhere from 50-1000 $ depending on what route you go. you can find them on ebay, at a junkyard, or find someone to rebuild it in your CT area.
could i put a 4 speed tranny in there
i honestly hope you are kidding, unless you want to go (or stay) automatic, then yes, but there will be extra wiring involved if you dont have an auto, you will have to change ecu's... i believe you could follow any of the auto-manual writeups in reverse and do this pretty simply if starting with a manual

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
as far as wiring for vtec, i couldn't tell you, but i'm sure you could find a write-up on this, if i remeber correctly though its like 5? wires i think. someone help me out on this...
ok, well i looked and found that it is 4 wires, not five... secondary O2 sensor, vtec soleniod valve, vtec oil pressure(+ the ground, so i guess technically it is 5 wires :) ), and the knock sensor.

in the article i read they say it shouldn't take more than a couple of hours to do...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts