Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Civic DX Maint. Req'd Light

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  pushVTEC 
#1 ·
My fiance has a 2000 Civic DX with 8700 miles on it. Recently the Spedometer broke, and was replaced by the dealer, shortly prior to which she asked about the Maintenance Required light.

They failed to reset it at the dealer when they did the work on the speedo, and we just got her an oil change today, but it still hasn't gone out. How do I determine what maintenance it is requiring, or how to reset it?

Thanks

:D
RD

#4 ·
No such hole...

I just took a look, and there is no such hole in the dash cluster. The only other place that the kwy will fit (excepting key holes) is the Parking Override near the gear selector, which allows you to shift out or park without the engine running.

Other than that, there is the knob on the left side that controls the brightness of the lights behind the instruments, and the button on the left that toggles through the three different odometers, and resets the two trip-counters.

Any other ideas?

:)
RD

By the way, My mistake, it is a 2001, not a 2000.

#5 ·
oh, well i have no clue where the 2001's have theres. but look for a button on the cluster somewhere that doesn't look like it should reset the odometer. my moms car had a small button that a pen fit in to reset the maintenence required light. maybe honda got a lil tricky and hid it somewhere. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.