Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Civic Ex 2000

3K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  -=Zeqs=- 
#1 ·
I have a Civic Ex 2000 With all the bolt ons you can think of,
Aem intake , gas reg. Dc Sports 4-2-1 header Hi flow cat, tanabe racing medallion cat back, Apexi Vtec controller, Etc...
I did a Dyno-run today the outcome was 128hp and 105p of torque how do this numbers compare to other civics with D16y8 engines and how can I take it to the next level without swaping engines. IM dropping a b18c1 next year but for now?

#4 ·
Honda's original specs for the 2000 EX:

Horsepower: 127 hp @ 6600 rpm
Torque: 107 ft-lbs. @ 5500 rpm

Remember: Those numbers are not at the wheels.
You have to take into account about 5%-30% losses on a dyno because of friction, contact slipping, etc...

A normal dyno on a stock Civic at the wheels would result at 100hp and like 85ft-lbs of torque.

#10 ·
just chillin said:

front wheel drive cars lose about 15% hp. no cars lose 30%, 20% is what awd cars lose.
You have to consider the losses in the dyno. It is the contact of the dyno to the wheel and then you have to account for the dyno sensitivity. Of course most dynos don't really lose that much, but if you want to be specific, you have consider those losses too.

#11 ·
Clutch, flywheel, camshaft and sprocket. you should be happy with that. I'm pushin about as much as you and people rag all the time that i shoulda got the si. but if you add it up you have spent less to attain the same amount of horsepower. depending on the driver, Si's aint a thang, LS's aren either actually i havent had any problem with any car that pushes 160hp at the fly. an i think thats good for a single cam with minimal mods, so kudos to you.

#12 ·
1slowcivic said:
Clutch, flywheel, camshaft and sprocket. you should be happy with that. I'm pushin about as much as you and people rag all the time that i shoulda got the si. but if you add it up you have spent less to attain the same amount of horsepower. depending on the driver, Si's aint a thang, LS's aren either actually i havent had any problem with any car that pushes 160hp at the fly. an i think thats good for a single cam with minimal mods, so kudos to you.
really???????
how bout when you and josh went at it? and an ls is only rated 140? i remember something about a 4th gear pull on you...

mark, are you high? just going by what you and i have for best times down at the track to you think you can beat me?
we'll have to find out on the 23rd :)

#13 ·
did i say LS MOTOR? no, i said LS that includes the heavier car and no gsr tranny thank you very much. theres no way in hell i could beat you dude. hahaha nor did i say i could beat you.:D it would be fun to race one of these days though. whenever we go cruisin we never get the chance. I don't shine on the highway. light to light is what i can do. thats why i need some purple stuff for the long stretches hehe.

#14 ·
128 at the wheels is pretty damn impressive. All of your mods have increased your horsepower at the wheels by about 22-27 horses based upon the average stock ex's 100 horses at the wheels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.