Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simple question......I can't quite figure out how to remove the headlight bulb....not the corners, just the low/highbeam......it's a 1997 civic ex....I'm afraid Im gonna break something....

Can someone tell me the exact procedure of how to do this....because one of them doesn't work anymore and I bought some new silverstars to replace them....thanks.....

·
Registered
291 Posts
Actually if you look at your housings from the rear. You'll see a rubber cover that protects the connections from moisture. You can kind of pry that cover away and you'll see two metal pinch type clips holding the bulb in place. You just need to flip them up and the bulb simply pulls out. You'll get a better idea when you see it all. Good Luck.

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
its a [email protected] look at the back of the housing... you see the connector going to the bulb... it is *supposed* to pull right off... i pulled and pulled and pulled and nothing...

i ended up grabbing the large rubber boot on the backside of the headlight and pulled it out. this pulled the connector out as well. then there is a little wire clip keeping the bulb in place.

so pull boot, pull connector off, move little wire retaining clip, old bulb slides right out... pop in new bulb, put clip back in place, slide rubber boot back into place. slide connector back on.

and no, it isn't as easy as it sounds...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts