Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are OBD2 civic injectors saturated, or peak and hold. Considering whether doing RC injectors, or DSM's. If I do DSM's, out of which cars do the injectors need to come from, and what extra will I need to use them? I will be puttin in a Walbro 255lph pump at the same time, at least thats what I'm planning unless I get enough opionions from people to get somn diff.

Doing all this in preps for the turbo, and will use it for the ls/vtec when finished as well.....

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
I want to say that they are saturated injectors, but I'm not completely sure. So definately double check.

As for adding the injectors and pump. Those are good plans for a turbo, but I would not install those items until you are ready to install the turbo. The larger injectors and fuel pump will make you run very rich unless you tune them with an AFC or something like that. Of course you will have to get it re-tuned when you install the turbo.

How much boost are you trying to run? If less than about 8psi, you *may* not need the larger injectors.

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
All Civic and Integras use the same injectors from 92-00, 240cc saturated. If you want bigger stock injectors you need to step up to the Prelude, 280cc saturated.

But look at it this way, if the 240cc version can support a Type R with 195 hp, plus even more with mods, how much hp are you going to develop with your turbo kit? Maybe just reprogramming the pulse width will get you set up with the right amount of fuel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts