Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i found a mugen lip for sale in my color and i really want it but the guy says it will fit a 96-00 civic. i have a 99-00 front bumper conversion on my 98 civic and thought the 96-98 and 99-00 bumpers were different, thus requiring different lips. can anyone verify this or am i wrong?

also the guy said he's selling the mugen lip because its abs and he wants a polyurethane. any difference? thank you.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FatBoyCG said:
urethane i can sell it to you for 70 a peice it will fit your front end. btw nice ride.
thanks for the offer, but i'm looking for a prepainted one. i was just wondering if the 96-98 and 99-00 were the same or different lips. and what the difference was between abs and polyurethane

·
Registered
56 Posts
urethane's better...

Hi,

I had both on my 96 EK & had carbon first :bash
my car is 2' lowered allaround with JIC coilovers
Pros for urethane - is far better cause realy flexible it won't crack if u wrap it in holes, bump or anything else.
Cons urethane require a bit more preparation for painting, better leave it black if it's already ...

carbon fiber is sweet lookin but ... crack :mad

If I were u better have it paint urself unless it's new & factory color coded u will always notice a difference in tone ... so black is better .. for me :D

oh & if u look for flexible lip paint mixed with paintflex will stand till it will crack before the lip :eek

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.