Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aw cmon you cant tell me the old hatches arent handsome little cars. What ya think, like 3k?

edit: wtf toyota banners?!?

· Registered
7,297 Posts
at what point do the values of these cars 'bottom out', per se? i mean in 2005 i paid 4.5k for a stock 98 civic with 100k miles.

is it the engine and wheels that make somebody ask for more than that for an older car?

· Registered
10,346 Posts
$3,000 paint job? must have needed a lot of body work, and to top it off, they forgot the engine bay :lmao

id pay 1500 for it, but Im a cheap bastard that doesnt like buying a pre-molested car. You don't know if anything was done right, but you also don't know if it was done wrong.

It looks alright i guess, but Id stay away from it.

· Registered
1,221 Posts
"Type R front lip included (not on car)

Type R shift boot

Type R shift knob

Type R valve cover

Type R oil cap

Drilled and slotted front rotors

Spoon style mirrors

1 piece projector headlights

Civic Type R N1 lightweight crank pulley"

all of which probably came from ebay:td

"Custom chip with no speed limiter and 9,200 redline"

?!?!?!!? fucking why?!?! just because you can rev like an s2k doesnt mean youll make power up there. and besides... spin a factory b16 to that rpm... let me know when you float a valve... and dont worry ill be waiting for a reply...

that hatch = NO

· Registered
37,990 Posts
"Type R front lip included (not on car)

Type R shift boot

Type R shift knob

Type R valve cover

Type R oil cap

Drilled and slotted front rotors

Spoon style mirrors

1 piece projector headlights

Civic Type R N1 lightweight crank pulley"

all of which probably came from ebay:td

"Custom chip with no speed limiter and 9,200 redline"

?!?!?!!? fucking why?!?! just because you can rev like an s2k doesnt mean youll make power up there. and besides... spin a factory b16 to that rpm... let me know when you float a valve... and dont worry ill be waiting for a reply...

that hatch = NO
i didnt even see the 9k chip part :lol

· Registered
1,221 Posts
i didnt even see the 9k chip part :lol
dude when i saw it my jaw literally dropped.... kinda like the valves are going too when you decide to spin it that high hahahaha

i mean literally whats the damn point... even when i was a noob i knew about "supporting mods" hahahah

a 9200 rev limit on a stock internals on a b16 is like reusing a tampon dude... it just doesnt sound like a good idea to me sorry haha

· Registered
1,426 Posts

· Registered
49,788 Posts
$3,000 paint job? must have needed a lot of body work, and to top it off, they forgot the engine bay :lmao
looks like they forgot the hood and front bumper too

i wouldnt pay over 2.5 for it
but to be honest with you
i would never buy it

· Registered
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
:lol2 Im glad i got to have a good laugh when i got in this morning, thanks. When i saw the auction i figured it was just some beater someone threw together, i just dont see why you would go through the trouble of an engine swap then selling the car on ebay for 4x its value.

· Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
looks like they forgot the hood and front bumper too

i wouldnt pay over 2.5 for it
but to be honest with you
i would never buy it
I thought the same thing but I'm giving the benefit of a doubt that it may be carbon fiber

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.