Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a few days ago my 1998 civic ex with a SI swap ran completely out of gas and now it wont start even though i put more gas into it. somethings wrong and i need your help so if your could tell me whats wrong or how to start it that would be awesome.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
yeah, either you tripped the relay and need a new one or you just simply haven't turned it over long enough to re-prime the system.

do this.

go get some starter fluid from the parts store and squirt it in the intake tube. I guarantee you the car will crank.

it MAY or may NOT cut off on you but if you do this 3 times and then it turns back off then either your fuel relay is bad or you might have actually ruined the fuel pump.

either way after three good starter fluid starts, you should definitely have fuel at the rail if everything is good.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Yeah, Ive ran out of gas before and all I've done was just turn the key to the on position, so you can hear the fuel pump *wishhhh*'ing sound, then I just do this like three times then crank the motor and it starts.

If you've been fooling aroudn with it a lot allready trying to get it to start this probably wont be the solution then.

Good luck!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Have you tried boosting it?, my piece runs out of gas and it wont turn over, and all it needs is a boost. If not, its one of the things in the abouve posts.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
o and while ur at it i'd replace the fuel filter, when the tank was hella low it was prob sucking up any shit in there also. . . . .i think temp did i DIY on this recently

·
Registered
212 Posts
fuel

first i would go and replace my fuel filter. make sure if u are using starter fluid DO NOT USE ETHER. you will melt the cylinder walls and do some major damage to your piston.while u are replacing the fuel filter, with the line unhooked, try winding it over and c if you are getting anyh fuel out of the line. if not it is either your fuel pump fuse or relay, or the pump itself. if u get fuel hook everything back up and try winding it over in 5 sec intervals, if not try boosting it sounds stupid but for some reasonj that does work sometimes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts