Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I went out to a local store today and bought some $20 RS-1 pedals and the "carbon fiber" is tape taped ontop of the black metal. I'm not really happy with these and they don't make a perect fit you have to bolt them on. Do you guys have aftermarket pedals in your cars? What are some good brands? I was looking at Momo.

·
Registered
240 Posts
just becuase i got them for free i got sparco peddles they do the job my foot never slips of but yea we had to drill to get them on.

·
Registered
908 Posts
kommon_sense said:
I like the mugen pedals, but they are a little overpriced. One thing that I like about the mugens is that they shorten the gap between the gas/brake pedal by about 1". So it makes it much easier to heel-toe for those of us with long legs.
Nice! I'll have to remember that when I'm in the market for pedals. I'm 6'4" so I know exactly what you mean.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
I like my Razo pedals. They have the arms the go behind the pedal but they hold real tight. I had to re-tighten one arm on my gas pedal a little last week, but one little thing over 2 years is damn good.

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
Slipjack said:
Nice! I'll have to remember that when I'm in the market for pedals. I'm 6'4" so I know exactly what you mean.
I'm 6'1" with long legs. I can't heel-toe the normal way without slamming my knee into the console. The mugens allow me to just slide my foot over and work both pedals. It was nearly impossible to do this on the stock pedals.

Also the mugens *LOOK* like they have grip tape on them, but they don't. It is actually textured metal, so you don't have to worry about wearing them out :)

·
Registered
908 Posts
Yeah, I have stock pedals so heel-toe is almost impossible without banging my knee/shin. And there's practically no slip resistence at all so it's double tough.

With the seat all the way back my shin is up against the console as it is. If I could control both pedals with little to no effort like the way you describe it I should be satisfied.

I'll pay top dollar to heel-toe easier. Again, thanks for the heads up on that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts