Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you think i could take him? he is a stick 00 SI and he has an aem intake, dc header, and greddy catback exhaust...i have an auto 01 lude with aem cai and axle back thermal classic.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
as long as you know how harness the power of the VTEC, you should do fine, just don't sit back and expect the car to do everything for you, unfortunately hondas are not like that...
If you know how to launch your SS...then you should smoke him.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
ahhhh not to be anal or anything.. but that Si should be running 15.5s and you should be running like 16.0...... i dunno about this... unless he is a sucky driver you'll probably get smoked

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
Well, i have raced my friend's EBP 00 Si with the similar mod, we had a rolling start in 1st, i could pull away about up to 1 car length, then 2nd he just catches up with me, but then i creep away until i hit 3rd, i begin to pull away from him. So, if you get a good launch, it will be close, depending on how good the Si driver is. I got a feeling, he will take you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
sslude said:
do you think i could take him? he is a stick 00 SI and he has an aem intake, dc header, and greddy catback exhaust...i have an auto 01 lude with aem cai and axle back thermal classic.
in 0-400,

No way to smoke the si unless the driver is a bad driver

after 1/4 mile.....

i am sure u can show him a "¥Y" and he would see it ( of cuz not in the mirrors )

trade in for a 5-speed lude if u wanna do 0-400 drag race

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
the Si will probably beat you. if they are launched correctly, Si's can hit as low as 15.7. but that is not an easy thing to do because they have no torque. lets figure that he runs 16 flat or low 16s...thats still faster than your SS lude. ive seen a stock integra LS beat a prelude SS over and over and over again. good luck but i dont think youll win. pick up a 5speed lude if you want to beat him.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I have smoked several stock LS Integras without a problem as long as the race doesn't stop at 40mph. Also a SS lude even without a good driver can run low 16's all day long. If its a good driver then it is even possible to hit 15.9 in stock form. I love how people know so much about SS ludes and they don't even own one. :rolleyes:

Weenie said:
the Si will probably beat you. if they are launched correctly, Si's can hit as low as 15.7. but that is not an easy thing to do because they have no torque. lets figure that he runs 16 flat or low 16s...thats still faster than your SS lude. ive seen a stock integra LS beat a prelude SS over and over and over again. good luck but i dont think youll win. pick up a 5speed lude if you want to beat him.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
sdeva001 said:
I have smoked several stock LS Integras without a problem as long as the race doesn't stop at 40mph. Also a SS lude even without a good driver can run low 16's all day long. If its a good driver then it is even possible to hit 15.9 in stock form. I love how people know so much about SS ludes and they don't even own one. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:
15.9 my ass. besides SS's dont even need good drivers since all they do is step on the gas :rolleyes:

ive been around this board a long time, and ive seen plenty of "went to the track, how did i do?" posts. all of those with SS ludes hit mid 16s. have you ever gotten your car timed at the track? i didnt think so :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
607 Posts
First off, you have to shift at the right time with Sport Shift just like with a manual. Secondly I was a member of h-o-n-d-a-p-r-e-l-u-d-e.com for a long time and saw quarter posts of 16.3 all the time for sport shift ludes and on rare occasions I would see a 15.9 including one here on this board. This all not to mention the fact that even though I haven't run my personal car at the track I have watched a stock sport shift lude run 16.3 at the track with my own two eyes. Have you gotten a sport shift lude timed at the track? DIDNT THINK SO :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Weenie said:
15.9 my ass. besides SS's dont even need good drivers since all they do is step on the gas :rolleyes:

ive been around this board a long time, and ive seen plenty of "went to the track, how did i do?" posts. all of those with SS ludes hit mid 16s. have you ever gotten your car timed at the track? i didnt think so :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
607 Posts
If you wanna see the 15.9 on this board go to the 1st page of the 1/4 posts in the prelude forum and look for Stylinlude's 2nd post it says:

"my friends stock SS ran a 15.9 i believe...its been a while but im pretty sure thats what it ran..."

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.