Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm new to the Civic scene and was wondering if anyone had any tips for upgrades for a 96' Civic. Nothing to expensive or fancy, just the basics.

·
Registered
404 Posts
That could still be a lot of things.

Don't expect to be able to make massive power gains with bolt ons - you can only get another 10 horses (approx) out of that engine without changing the internals.

However, judicious upgrades can make it handle wonderfully.

What are your goals? Do you want to look cool? Do you want to autocross? Do you want to drag race? Do you just want to cruise? Do you want a big wing on the rear? Set out your goals and we can help - without them, we will only tell you what we would do (which is what the next 5 posts will probably do).

·
Registered
75 Posts
definatly set some goals.

dont be a ricer, but if u wana go for all show, no go, more power to you. use good taste in your purchases. in my experiences, dont settle for a crapy brand. i bet you 500 bucks that if u save a few dollars on getin a crappy brand or somthing like an axel back or muffler, down the line, ur gona kick urself cause now u gota buy the real thing. this happened to me with EVERYTHING! : suspension, rims, tires, stereo, exhaust, interior acc. - everythign i baught when i first was gettin into the scene, and then spent all my time replacing those crappy things which i origianlly baught.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I'm no drag racer so I don't want or need anything real expensive. Anything I can do for under 2 grand would be optimal for what I need. I really just want to cruise on the high way with a good looking, moderately fast, little Honda.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts