Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about purchasing a project car. It is a 5th gen civic vx hatch. what is the engine that comes in this model, i don't really car about it for now, cause i want to swap it, but is the car the same as the dx, chassis wise. thanks for your help. Also which swap would be a good one that i could do in my garage. i was thinking about a b18, but how hard would it be for a h22??

· Registered
1,336 Posts
70hp for the vx :) i dont know what kind of mechanic you are so i cant say what you can or cant do :) but a b18 is basically a drop in engine :) the h22 is a little tighter but isnt that great of a different :) imo i dont think any of it is a garage job :) leave it to the pros :)

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so basically what you are sayin is that the vx is the same as any other civic only it has a super efficient engine in it. which engine will i be able to do more to, a b18 or a h22, or would i even be able to do more to a b16???

· Registered
38 Posts
sup, i got a 95 honda civic vx myself what i wanna know since people are gonna be hitting up this post is with the $2000 bucks i have will i be able to do a complete swap. cuz i wanna put in a b16a2 and as far as this guy goes yeah i should be basically the same only minor different specs and if ur doing tha whole car over as in terms of springs. engine.exhaust and etc. ur basically keeping tha chassis so its tha same.

· Registered
36 Posts
No way, the VX Civic does not have 70hp. The VX Civic has a VTEC-E engine. Its a 16v 1.5L Sohc motor with 92hp. It uses 12v for normal driving but kicks in 4 extra valves when the power is needed (basically whenyou romp it). The VX is also the lightest weight civic made in the 5th gen years. Perfect candidate for an LS/VTEC motor. H22 isn't that hard, your Civic has all of the wiring for that VTEC H22. the only thing that is against the regular is that you need to pick up special mounts from HASPORT to put that in.

· Banned
638 Posts
DeadManWalkin
I am thinking about purchasing a project car. It is a 5th gen civic vx hatch. what is the engine that comes in this model, i don't really car about it for now, cause i want to swap it, but is the car the same as the dx, chassis wise. thanks for your help. Also which swap would be a good one that i could do in my garage. i was thinking about a b18, but how hard would it be for a h22??
any b-series is easy enough to do in a garage, but an h22 might take a lil time if you don't know how to weld or do metal cutting to mount in the Lude shifter.

RedEG6CX
...the only thing that is against the regular is that you need to pick up special mounts from HASPORT to put that in.
you still need to get your hands on a Si rear mount for a b-series, and with those mounts from HASport it makes it a lot easier to pop in.

· Registered
2,120 Posts
the vx is 92 hp and the cx is 70 hp.....

h22 power is so cool...my cuzin has a hatch with a jdmh22 motor and that car has some serious balls.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.