Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has this ever been done, dyno'd? i cant afford a set of comptech headers and i was wondering if i would see gains switching to a set of cl-s exhaust manifolds and possibly the entire cl-s exhaust system. i like quiet, yet i like more hp too
anyone know?

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Why OBX? the name is really cheap... i mean... i'm a strong believer in you get waht you paid for...... Personally, i wouldn't put anything other than the best in my baby, or none at all

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bbc84 said:
I think they use the same one as we do? Or is it just the regular CL.

If u cant afford Comptech get OBX
yeah, to me, i cant think of anything that would make the OBX ones cheap, they are constructed the same way as the comptechs and they are also welded the same, ive seen pictures and they look very good, also they come with a lifetime warranty, yet some still say that they are cheap and not to get them. i dont know. thats why i thought of the possibility of maybe getting cl-s components.

i may do some more research on the obx ones. because they look fine to me and you cant beat the price.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
CL-S have the exact same headers as we do, so no gains would be had from those. And yeah, I personally would go w/ the OBX headers, the gains look to be about the same as comptech, and like you said they come w/ a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
376 Posts
And they're about $700 bucks cheaper with proven gains maybe a tad less than comptech's but hey for that much less I don't mind.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts