Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if its the same size piping as on a 02 4clyd? looking for a cheap but nice upgrade.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
02 accord stock piping is about 1.5" on the I4...maybe not even that big, i forgot, but it's frakin dinky as hell.

CL-S piping is about 2", i think. price for the OEM CL-s exhaust should run for no less than $400 if you're lucky to find it. then on top of that, since you have an I4, you'll have to get custom work done to get the duals to hang nicely on your car...

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UltraMagneticAL said:
02 accord stock piping is about 1.5" on the I4...maybe not even that big, i forgot, but it's frakin dinky as hell.

CL-S piping is about 2", i think. price for the OEM CL-s exhaust should run for no less than $400 if you're lucky to find it. then on top of that, since you have an I4, you'll have to get custom work done to get the duals to hang nicely on your car...
Actually i just wanted the muffler off the type-S. the one stock on the accords is real weak looking and i think the CL-s mufler is just more attractive. is custom welding bad for my car?

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
welding is okay as long as you go to a place that does it right. they'll have to probably change the flanges to fit the CL-S muffler. I know they won't sell just the muffler, so you have to get the entire rear section....that's the case if the cat back has two parts. I think....but don't remember...that the whole cat back is one piece.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UltraMagneticAL said:
welding is okay as long as you go to a place that does it right. they'll have to probably change the flanges to fit the CL-S muffler. I know they won't sell just the muffler, so you have to get the entire rear section....that's the case if the cat back has two parts. I think....but don't remember...that the whole cat back is one piece.
My boy's uncle owns a junk yard and he siad he can probably just take it if thy get one in.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hey bro...I did the TL-S mufflers on my car, so I can answer some Q's for you. The inlet piping is 2". You CAN order just one muffler from the dealer. Acura parts near me (OH) quoted me $202 for each muffler. I had custom piping done - y pipe with 2". Here's a couple pics.

You can see my mug bending down in the reflection. :D

I painted the cans and piping with high-temp flat black to hide it all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts