Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 Civic EX which I bought last June and I want to upgrade the sound system. I am trying to decide between the Clarion ProAudio VRX755DVD and the Kenwood KVT815DVD. Is it better to have a hideaway unit, like the Kenwood, or have it all built into the indash unit, like the Clarion? Also if I remove the compartment underneath the stock unit can I place a double din unit like the Kenwood DDX7015 in the dash? Thanks to all who respond.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Ditch the pocket and go with the DDx, you won't be disappointed. I've installed many of those lately, and I think it looks so much better than a flip-out.

If you are interested in a flip-out, I really recommend the Kenwood over the Clarion. The Kenwood actually has a much better rated screen, although they both have the same resolution and both use a TFT LCD. The Kenwood also has a stronger internal amp, higher voltage pre-outs, RDS, plays WMAs, and has a 3sec skip protection....all of which the Clarion does not have.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I got my teg going on 3 months now. The first thing I did the day I got it was take out that POS clarion that was in it and replaced it with my kenwood. The clarion was aiight.... but the kenwood had (like the viz said) stronger internal amp, higher voltage pre-outs, RDS, plays WMAs, and has a 3sec skip protection.... I use kenwood amp, receiver, eq, cd changer thru... just not for speakers...need to replace those too. Although I've never used the WMA capability, just the mp3.

Kenwood is a better product period, Although, I don't have any flips screens or LCDs slidin out my dash. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.