Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
epicforce said:
i know this thread is old but when you spray the simple green(full strength) on the engine, you just let it sit for 5-10 minutes and then hose it off?
I mixed my simple green with water (3 parts water to 1 part simple green) sprayed it on, let it sit for a few minutes, then you hose it all off. It's as simple as that.

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
epicforce said:
i know this thread is old but when you spray the simple green(full strength) on the engine, you just let it sit for 5-10 minutes and then hose it off?

depends on how dirty your engine bay is. I went full strength with mine. like "expierence97" said..you can water it down too

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
blargonator said:
even though i have simple green already, someone on another forum was asking about cleaning their engine bay and someone posted this link http://www.gutterslide.com/fourthgenhatch_mirror/engineclean.html
do you think that works on excessively dirty engines (like a thick oil/grime haha) or would simple green and some elbow grease get better results?

you could go either way man. I went with simple green because it has a reputation of getting the job done. from the link you posted, it looks like his results were pretty good. I'm don't know about spraying tire foam on everything though...try it and let us know!!

EIDT: I FIX THE PICS

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
Hey you guys I just got the craziest shit in the mail. Simple Green Extreme. I ordered a sample of it awhile ago and got a full bottle.

Its aero grade. Says its good on plastics , doesnt oxidize , prevents rust...a lot of stuff that standard simple green doesnt do.

Im thinking this is the best stuff to use on the engine if you can find it. If its good on an airplane then its more than good for us.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Jree$e said:
you could go either way man. I went with simple green because it has a reputation of getting the job done. from the link you posted, it looks like his results were pretty good. I'm don't know about spraying tire foam on everything though...try it and let us know!!

EIDT: I FIX THE PICS
yeah, ill pick up a can of both and give it a whirl soon i guess. i have a god awful camera that gives about the quality of a 99 cent webcam so it will kind of look like a game of pacman :rolleyes but i can't drive it anywhere (i don't have plates on it or insurance :bh ) so i will just let it run for how ever long i see fit. my engine bay is so dirty it would take quite a while to clean it with simple green so i am planning on letting that engine brite gunk stuff take the brunt of the hit off of the cleaning. oh yeah, i will be sure to tell you guys the price of the two products and etc.

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
mike_sho said:
Hey you guys I just got the craziest shit in the mail. Simple Green Extreme. I ordered a sample of it awhile ago and got a full bottle.

Its aero grade. Says its good on plastics , doesnt oxidize , prevents rust...a lot of stuff that standard simple green doesnt do.

Im thinking this is the best stuff to use on the engine if you can find it. If its good on an airplane then its more than good for us.

hey Mike, post some pics up of what you cleaned with the new stuff.....maybe even a pciture of the bottle so we will know what we are looking for...thanks in advance!!

blargonator said:
yeah, ill pick up a can of both and give it a whirl soon i guess. i have a god awful camera that gives about the quality of a 99 cent webcam so it will kind of look like a game of pacman but i can't drive it anywhere (i don't have plates on it or insurance :bh so i will just let it run for how ever long i see fit. my engine bay is so dirty it would take quite a while to clean it with simple green so i am planning on letting that engine brite gunk stuff take the brunt of the hit off of the cleaning. oh yeah, i will be sure to tell you guys the price of the two products and etc.

yeah if you noticed in the pics..my engine bay was really dirty.....dont forget to post up the pics...:tu

·
Registered
43 Posts
well, i bought the stuff at autozone and there are like 3 stages, plain, silver can, and silver can that says citrus smell on it. i bought the silver can stuff for like $2 but on the drive home while i was at a stop light, i looked through ingredients and noticed it said it contained petroleum distillates or something and i know that will cut through the oil like no other, but i don't really want to use something like this in my driveway.
we live right near a lake and as some of you may know, most pullution is secondary pulution (i leave a bag in a parking lot in MI and it flies into a dolphins mouth somewhere in the ocean after being carried out into the ocean)
are there any places that you guys could think of off the top of your heads that i could probably use the stuff at? obviously you are not in my area, im just asking like what places are usually prepared to handle products like this?

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
blargonator said:
well, i bought the stuff at autozone and there are like 3 stages, plain, silver can, and silver can that says citrus smell on it. i bought the silver can stuff for like $2 but on the drive home while i was at a stop light, i looked through ingredients and noticed it said it contained petroleum distillates or something and i know that will cut through the oil like no other, but i don't really want to use something like this in my driveway.
we live right near a lake and as some of you may know, most pullution is secondary pulution (i leave a bag in a parking lot in MI and it flies into a dolphins mouth somewhere in the ocean after being carried out into the ocean)
are there any places that you guys could think of off the top of your heads that i could probably use the stuff at? obviously you are not in my area, im just asking like what places are usually prepared to handle products like this?

beats me man...shoulda got the simple green.. :hehe

carboncivic said:
Can I use simple green to clean the underside of my hood as well?

yes....spray it down when your doing the rest of your bay...

:byye

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
The tranny on my car had that nasty dirt/oil/grease combo that can like stain metal somehow on it, and I used my buddies steamcleaner and holy crap, steamcleaner can clean anything, and they are alot safer around the electric parts than the hose is i think, maybe simple green/ steamcleaning would be a nice combo, might have to try it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Wow great turnaround, I changed my oil today n decided to clean the engine bay. Used Formula 88 and got great results.

Simple Green is scary good, kinda why I didnt use it lol

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
how about i keep posting on old threads just for u? ud like that huh, dumass
shut the fuck up and dont bump old threads unless there is a reason. This thread? no reason to, is a fucking cleaning thread

watch the attitude, thats looking for the ban hammer IMO

21 - 40 of 56 Posts