Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey im tryin to clean my engine bay while i got my engine out, can anyone recoment a cleaner that will cut the greese i seem to be just spreading it around

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Simple Green, saturate the engine bay, let it sit for a bit, and then hose it out, you can scrub the tough spots but try not to wipe to much because like you said, you'd just be moving the grease around.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
Peteex said:
Simple Green, saturate the engine bay, let it sit for a bit, and then hose it out, you can scrub the tough spots but try not to wipe to much because like you said, you'd just be moving the grease around.
simple green is just amazing shit. we use it at our shop and i cant believe how good it works. we also use omething called purple power i believe and works great too but u suggest using it straight without diluting it with water. :clap

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
mad-ass said:
Alternator!
yeah dont forgt that one, just take plastic bags and cover everything and the zip tie them shut so the water doesnt get on anything and damage any electrical parts, i would also recomend using an old tooth brush and scrub the motor down with it, then reapply the simple green and continue till the bay gets spotless then a little tire shine on the radiator hoses and your set! ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.