Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I was told by a guy at the honda dealership that does all the washing and cleaning that fo r the first 2-4 years you should not use and special spray or cleaners on the dash or any of the vinyl and stuff cause it needs time to cure. He said just use soap and water, but this does not make it shine as much by the way its a 2002 civic lx 2 dr if anyoine cares. just wondering if anyone else has ever heard this before???? thanx for any feedback

· Registered
790 Posts
Thats not true. I have worked for a few dealers and we always dressed the dash boards. Just watch what you use on the dash board, You do not want to put any silicone based products because you will get a bad glare from the sun and it will collect massive amounts of dust. You also do not want to use Armorall, because it is known for promoting cracking and drying out your dash surfaces. I have a 2001 civic and I use a product that I get from a commercial detailing store Called Summit dressing. It is water based....and has a nice banana smell. It is non slippery but it does leave a nice dust free shine. I know you cannot get this stuff so I will tell you a few products I recommend....Something Else, It comes in a grey bottle....VinylX, Meguires or Mothers interior dressing.....

· Registered
1,142 Posts
i use meguiar's #40 vinyl & rubber cleaner/conditioner (it comes in a tan bottle) and it works wonders. it leaves everything smooth and clean, as well as a great scent. . . it smells like a new car every time i use it :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.