Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
someone steal my clear bumper lights
las week. and i just put a new set on today
so, anything i can do to prevent that.????????
i have the alarm on but it couldn't detected

·
Registered
305 Posts
get the torx screws... they have a smaller chance of being stolen than the regular screws. I feel ya man, someone jacked my bumper lens too but the funny part was that they only took one side!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Put the screws in from the back side instead of the front.

Use screws with a different style of head on them. It will keep the average phillip head screwdriver theif away.

·
Registered
75 Posts
i put some tile caulk on top of the screws because it takes a good amount of time to scrape and pull off the caulk from the screws so that you can screw them out. i think that crooks would not spend that much time just to steal corner lenses. hope this helps:D

·
Registered
110 Posts
Caulk is a bad idea because not only will it look gross if someone sees it, but what if a bulb burns out? Then you gotta go through all that trouble of getting it off.

New bulbs should not be $50. Don't buy them from your local dealer, goto the speed shop (import hookup shop). You should be able to get two big blinker bulbs and a set of the smaller indicators in hyperwhite for less than $30 or so.

A torx headed screw is a very good idea. Most people don't even have a torx screwdriver let alone carry one around on them. I would go get a couple of the same diameter torx screws and put them in. In fact I think I'll go do that myself a little later too. :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
GSR said:
Caulk is a bad idea because not only will it look gross if someone sees it, but what if a bulb burns out? Then you gotta go through all that trouble of getting it off.

New bulbs should not be $50. Don't buy them from your local dealer, goto the speed shop (import hookup shop). You should be able to get two big blinker bulbs and a set of the smaller indicators in hyperwhite for less than $30 or so.

A torx headed screw is a very good idea. Most people don't even have a torx screwdriver let alone carry one around on them. I would go get a couple of the same diameter torx screws and put them in. In fact I think I'll go do that myself a little later too. :)

its all good because caulk is white and i have a white car. it isnt even noticeable unless you walk up to it. corner bulbs (i have yellow ones, not hyperwhite) should last a long time, so i would only have to go through that kind of trouble once in a long while:D

·
Registered
110 Posts
DB8B18B said:

its all good because caulk is white and i have a white car. it isnt even noticeable unless you walk up to it. corner bulbs (i have yellow ones, not hyperwhite) should last a long time, so i would only have to go through that kind of trouble once in a long while:D
You better knock on wood, tomorrow one of your bulbs are gonna burn out and you're going to feel liek an ass :p. Caulk seems like it's taking it a bit far.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.