Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
8,144 Posts
They are technically illegal on the Integra only because they don't have reflectors in them. :rolleyes: If you have an amber light in there though cops probably won't bother you. I've been doing that for a year and a half with no problems. My friend's Prelude's are DOT legal - says so right on them - because they have reflectors built in, mine don't. But he has Superwhite bulbs, so they're still illegal for him.:)

Cops usually don't know/care about clears if you have an amber bulb. Even my mom's old Legend had completely clear lenses, but reflective lenses and amber bulbs, so of course they were legal.

· Registered
234 Posts
here in So Cal i think the law said the turn signal must be yellow or white. ive had my clear corners with superwhite bulbs for around 2 years so far and i havent heard of any one getting pulled over for white lights. But for the people who had blue headlights or signals all got tickets. Same thing goes for all those people with red, green, purple whatever lights.

· Registered
8,144 Posts
Recent conversation between my friend who has a Prelude and an a$$hole of a cop after the cop stopped putting gas in his car just to chase him down (abbreviated of course):
"Cop: You know why I pulled you over right?
F: Actually, no.
C: Your car is too low!
F: Uhh, I'm pretty sure this is the stock ride height, you know, it is a sporty car and all (he's lying, it's lowered like 2+")
C: Your headlights are too bright!
F: They are PIAA bulbs, which are DOT legal. I have the papers if you want to see them.
C: You can't have clear turn signals!
F: Gee, I thought I could since they say DOT APPROVED right on the lenses and all.
C: Your liscence plate is in the window. It has to be on the bumper.
F: Well, it was like this when I bought the car and it's been okay for over two years, and when I got pulled over before, he didn't say anything about it. Besides, there are no holes in the bumper.
C: (Looks at hole-less bumper) That's because this is an aftermarket front end.
F: No, it's completely stock, it looks like every other stock Prelude out there (he's not lying).
C: The law says that your exhaust can't make that type of sound.
F: Actually, sir, the law in our state says that your car can't be louder than 95 dB, which this car is not. It says nothing about what "type" of sound it can make.
C: (Shot down, doesn't know what to do).
F: Anything else I can help you with?"

Some cops are cool, and do their job and all, that's fine and honorable. But some are just such a$$es to us. Last week cops pulled like 8 people over at my school for speeding after lunch, when nobody's on the road or sidewalks. But I've NEVER seen them at the elementary or middle school like 1/4 mile away, when there are little kids running everywhere (I drive past every day when they're getting out). Hmm, what matters more, kids' safety or our quotas? Sorry to go off on a tirade, I just had to. And I don't even have any tickets!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.