Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do u clear the headlights? and is it legal to not have the orange reflector things?

·
Registered
960 Posts
Your lights are bascially cleared...
You'll have to cover that little reflector with a reflective piece of tape.
I'll see if I can dig up a site for you.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
crash6934 said:
how do u clear the headlights? and is it legal to not have the orange reflector things?
you clear them by going here:
clearing headlights (Copyright Nexus242)
and yes, it is illegal:
a. not to have the amber reflector
b. to have any other color than amber as the bulb
c. no one gives a fuck cause it looks cool as hell, hahahaha

and empty your inbox AND your sent items box, i can't private message you the answer to question you asked ;)
ghost

·
Registered
75 Posts
i dont think the 99 should be much different, but the 2001 civics and my 2001 accords are easy to do. All you do it take your headlight out, heat up the sides, pry it open, take the strip out, and seal it back together with some silicon.

In some states its illegal to not have an orange turn signal. I live in CA and ive had my lights cleared (which on an accord isnt the turn signal, but i have the turn signal white too) for about a year and i havent been pulled over and none of my friends have either. Its not one of those things cops go looking for, and most cops dont even know its illegal unless u use like red or purple turn signals.

hope that helped u somehow.....:)

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is it possible to put the reflector back in if they do catch u? also ya'll know much about sparkplugs and wireS?

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
crash6934 said:
is it possible to put the reflector back in if they do catch u? also ya'll know much about sparkplugs and wireS?
yeah, you can just follow the directions the same way, heat up the silicone, pry it apart and rescrew the reflector and cap back on then reheat it, close it and silicone it back up ;)

about the spark plugs, you mean makin your blinker go faster? i remember someone sayin somethin about that, you use a different voltage of spark plug or somethin? dont' really know though, sorry
ghost

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no im just talking about sparkplugs in general....like do i have to buy ignition wires separate from teh actual plugs? cause the denso iridiums i saw are like 12 bucks but i dont think they come with wires

·
Registered
960 Posts
You can buy plugs, you just use your current wires.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well what if i want to buy new wires ? ive seen like sparkplug wire sets...do those come with plugs or just the wires?

·
Registered
960 Posts
crash6934 said:
well what if i want to buy new wires ? ive seen like sparkplug wire sets...do those come with plugs or just the wires?
Wire sets are just a set of 4 wires, no plugs.
:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts